PDA

View Full Version : Cross Border Purchases

dilly9
02-20-2009, 09:11 AM
During the winter of 2007-2008, when the Cdn and US $$$ were on par I took advantage of the savings and purchased a 2006 VOR XC70 in the US and then imported it to Canada. I was a proud new Volvo owner!

I now am learning that the Canadian dealers and servicing shops consider me as an evil, disloyal person. In fact, I have been told I am un-Canadian. Funny thing to say to someone who has served this country as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces for nearly two decades. I am wondering if anyone else has a similar cross border shopping story and what the reaction at the dealerships has been.

I want to be a proud and happy Volvo owner, but the treatment at Volvo dealerships (and that of Volvo Canada for that matter) is making it difficult. :confused: :mad:

I can add that Volvo North America (USA headquarters) has been very kind and helpful.

n00bkiller944
02-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Tell them to back off and do the job you are paying them to do. It is not their place to tell you how to run your life. Seriously, sit down with the service manager and tell them that you are offended and they will lose business if they keep treating you poorly.

Miliceman
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I think his problem comes from the warranty issues, isn't?

Hi from a fellow CF member (16 years and still counting!)