PDA

View Full Version : 2003 XC70 Power Seat

jdp6000
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
New problem. Power seat goes up in the front but not in the back. I need to get it raised otherwise my wife feels like she is sitting on the floor. Are there two motors or one to raise the base of the seat?

Jim

Art
02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Jim,

There is one motor that controls the front and one that controls the rear edge height of the seat. Perhaps one of the wires leading from the rear motor to the PSM (power seat module) is frayed or loose or the problem might be with the motor itself. The PSM has its own diagnostic system so if a permanent fault is detected, a DT code would likely be stored within the module. Hopefully, it's not a fault with the control panel wiring or the panel itself.

jdp6000
02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Jim,

There is one motor that controls the front and one that controls the rear edge height of the seat. Perhaps one of the wires leading from the rear motor to the PSM (power seat module) is frayed or loose or the problem might be with the motor itself. The PSM has its own diagnostic system so if a permanent fault is detected, a DT code would likely be stored within the module. Hopefully, it's not a fault with the control panel wiring or the panel itself.

Thanks Art.

I reached under the back of the seat and felt a wire with a plug hanging down. Hopefully thats all it is. On the other hand maybe the previous owner diconnected it....if thats the case the question is why??? I'll mess with it over the weekend.

Jim

Aviator
02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
It's probably disconnected because the motor has shorted and is popping a fuse, or it's open.

Dave.

MT71
02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey Jim,
I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I took it to the dealer, they found a wire not connected. They pluged it back, charge me 75$ and I had no problem since.

I don't know why it was disconnected either. I never had fuse problem or anything else either.

Plug back that dangling connector, you will probably fix your problem.

Marc

TiredGeek
02-14-2009, 01:32 AM
You'll probably find it was a back seat passenger who caught it with their foot and unplugged it. It's happened to me in previous cars....

jdp6000
02-14-2009, 11:00 AM
You'll probably find it was a back seat passenger who caught it with their foot and unplugged it. It's happened to me in previous cars....
You were right. I plugged it back in and its working fine.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jim

jdp6000
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey Jim,
I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I took it to the dealer, they found a wire not connected. They pluged it back, charge me 75$ and I had no problem since.

I don't know why it was disconnected either. I never had fuse problem or anything else either.

Plug back that dangling connector, you will probably fix your problem.

Marc
Thanks marc...that exactly what it was..

Jim

MT71
02-14-2009, 05:35 PM
These car are so complex that we sometime overlook the easy and obvious things like this.

Glad I could save you some time and money. Have a nice week end

Marc