PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam/Intake Question

bdunne
02-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello all -
I have a 2000 V70xc. Preparing to add seafoam to intake through vacuum tree. Read threads - looked at pictures on another site. Must be different model car.
Maybe I am missing something completely obvious - but on the driver's side end of the (what I think is the) throttle body there is no vacuum "tree" as pictured, just one line that runs straight off (then tees into another line, etc.).
What should I be looking for on this car (2000 V70xc) to use to siphon the seafoam ?
In the meantime I am proceeding with the oil change.

TIA and thanks for your patience.

Brian

bdunne
02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
So after working on engine some more, tracing the vac lines and looking at the diagram under the hood, it seems like i should use the line listed as fresh air intake. i assume i can pull this off at the main intake hose and put a line into the seafoam from that point.
however, before i do that, any pos or neg confirmation is appreciated.

car is now running on Mobil1 5W30. Did the gas tank and crankcase treatment.
planning to do compression check prior to seafoam in the intake for comparison. will post results.

thanks,
Brian

bdigenna
02-08-2009, 09:34 PM
can you post a picture of where you found the line? I have a '99XC and would like to use Seafoam.

bdunne
02-09-2009, 08:10 AM
yeah, no problem, I can do that - give me a few days, but I will take some pictures.
A disclaimer - I have not previously used seafoam in the intake, and so far have not verified that this is the correct location to "insert" the seafoam.

Brian

db130
02-11-2009, 07:20 AM
http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18506

on the '99 and later XCs, look for that intake hose in the diagram. cut the hose in half about 4 inches from the intake manifold and add a vacuum T fitting. voila! you now have a seafoam "access port."

you can either replace the t-fitting with a vacuum hose coupler after you are done with the seafoam or you can cap the t-fitting with a rubber vacuum cap.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/images/boostpparts.jpg

bdunne
02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
thanks db. I don't know how i missed that thread - that's where I found the other thread with the picture of the earlier model with the vac tree.
anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
i have the next 5 days off, so hopefully I get to this, along with some work on the other car.

Brian

flying-dragon
02-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Happy to see so many kind experts here.

I am also planning to do seafoam on my 98 VOLVO V70XC AWD Turbo. But I have no idea about the location of vacuum tree.

Anyone would post a picture to help me locate it?

Thanks!!

PaperToast
02-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Happy to see so many kind experts here.

I am also planning to do seafoam on my 98 VOLVO V70XC AWD Turbo. But I have no idea about the location of vacuum tree.

Anyone would post a picture to help me locate it?

Thanks!!
you ask and you shall receive [cool2]

the vac tree is item 10 in the red box.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/PaperToast/vactree.jpg

flying-dragon
02-15-2009, 11:40 AM
[thumbup]Thanks so much for PaperToast! I like the great VOLVO anatomy! Appreciate it!