PDA

View Full Version : Power steering fluid

ChuckK
09-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I have a 2004 XC-70 with 5,000 miles on it and noticed some fluid under the car near the right front tire. I discovered that power steering fluid was leaking from a crimp-type connector on the hose coming out of the bottom of the fluid reservoir. There was very little fluid left in the reservoir, and the dipstick was completely dry. When I called the dealer about this, I was told that this is a fairly common problem. Some, but not all, of these crimp fittings leak. Replacing the crimp clamp with a simple screw-type clamp solves the problem.

If you have a new XC-70, I recommend you check your power steering fluid reservoir level and also make sure you don't have any leakage at the bottom hose connection. Even if it's not leaking, you may want to consider replacing this clamp anyway to prevent a potential problem down the road.

barrysharp
09-15-2003, 07:55 PM
This was reported some weeks ago by Low Tide -- but thanks for the headsup as I'm about to take car in for its first 7500 service check and I will ask service to replace the power steering hose crimp clamp with a screw type. Thanks. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

hrd_rok
09-18-2003, 08:21 AM
my 03 had this,

dealer replaced hose and clamp (with screw type)

h_r.