PDA

View Full Version : Front turning lights OEM or AFTERMARKET??

delorean
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
My turn signal assemblies have moisture in them now and I am not surprised as they're made out of plastic. It's time to replace them and I have purchased a set of After-Market ones for my 240 several years back and was quite happy with them. That was my old car! Now that I have a '99 XC70, i would like to find out if these assemblies are worth getting for my car. Anybody had leaks with the aftermarket ones at all? Ebay sells them for a good price so I'd like to jump on these. Opinions please?

Jake529
01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I have bought a couple for my wifes late 99 and my 98 V70's from Ebay. They are fine. I changed both of my headlights covers and the turn signals cause they were all sandblasted. Dealership was really high.... They are a snap to put in.. I would go for after market....

Jake

lookforjoe
01-14-2009, 06:31 PM
fleabay ones can have weaker retaining tabs - and since that's all that holds 'em in.... You might do better to buy via one of the online volvo sellers, at least you can ask them about different options you have in terms of off brand.

On the other hand, if it's only 20-30 bucks, you can buy an extra one for when it falls off the car :rolleyes:

BEJinFBK
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
I picked a cheap, eBay one up a few years ago and
the orange reflector was almost clear after a year.

If you want something that will last, go OEM.