PDA

View Full Version : Low RPM rumble?

Grundig
01-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone; some of you know that I bought my 2005 XC70 just a couple weeks ago, 53,000 km, was maintained reasonably well, factory warranty until August this year. One of the things I asked for when I bought it from the dealer was that they include all the transmission software updates, which they said they did. I don't know if that point is related to my concern. It seems that I get a low rpm rumble (sounds like it's coming from the dash) especially when I take off from a stopped position, but occasionally even at the first shift point. I almost get the impression that this wouldn't happen if the shift points were a bit higher. Do you think this could be the tranny, or maybe there's just a buzz in the dash that's triggered by the low rpm?

Also, I've got to admit that this is my first used car, and I am listening very carefully, maybe too carefully. I like the car a lot, but if I knew I was going to be such a wuss about it, I might have gone new. Oh well . . .

JRL
01-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Each one makes its own little noises when they get older

levpri
01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Upper engine stabilizer mount? I remember similar symptoms on my 02. After replacement it was smooth and quiet again.

JRL
01-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Actually I would look at BOTH mounts.
When the lower tranny mount fails and fails badly, the entire engine drops to one side and it WILL make some noise.

Grundig
01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey thanks guys, I'll check it out . . .