PDA

View Full Version : Your wish list for your car.

chris08xc
01-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Well Ill start mine off, Ill be interested to hear what people would like to do with their new XC's. First off I would start with a set of rugged looking black 18" wheels with a chrome lip and a nice low profile offroad tire, next I would get some PIAA lights and a cargo basket for the roof rack. After that a 3" lift and the Heico dual exhaust topped all off with a Heico grille Volvo side scuff plates and of course a nice pit to do some off roading.

whe3
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
First thing to do with a new XC70: buy a black marker to darken those ugly bright white parking (?) light surrounds in the front and rear bumpers. They are the only ugly element in the front and rear view of this vehicle. They are so jarring and out of place that they make me think of the front of the Pontiac Aztek (ugliest SUX ever made) as I look at the front of the 08 and 09 XC70s.

Why can't some aftermarket supplier offer a tape kit we could buy to black out those ugly white small rectangles surounding the small lights in the front and rear bumpers. They would be bought by every new XC70 08 and 09 buyer, in case any aftermarket company is looking to make a new valuable niche product.

Once I have figured how to black out those garish white light surrounds, my next move would be to buy the best winter tires available. Should they be Blizzaks? Any other raves from recent-year XC70 owners who have bought snow tires to use during harsh winters? Anyone buy snow tires they do not like?Thnx--

whe3
01-02-2009, 05:38 PM
First thing to do with a new XC70: buy a black marker to darken those ugly bright white parking (?) light surrounds in the front and rear bumpers. They are the only ugly element in the front and rear view of this vehicle. They are so jarring and out of place that they make me think of the front of the Pontiac Aztek (ugliest SUX ever made) as I look at the front of the 08 and 09 XC70s.

Why can't some aftermarket supplier offer a tape kit we could buy to black out those ugly white small rectangles surounding the small lights in the front and rear bumpers. They would be bought by every new XC70 08 and 09 buyer, in case any aftermarket company is looking to make a new valuable niche product.

Once I have figured how to black out those garish white light surrounds, my next move would be to buy the best winter tires available. Should they be Blizzaks? Any other raves from recent-year XC70 owners who have bought snow tires to use during harsh winters? Anyone buy snow tires they do not like?Thnx--

chris08xc
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I have no white on my vehicle I am not sure what parking light surrounds you refer to. Second I bought Pirelli snow tires that are great, not because I dont trust Volvo's AWD, Ive had 2 and Subarus but because if you live in New England without snow tires and you drive 150miles everyday you are foolish. The Conti 4x4 Contact tires are wonderful tires but I prefer the added security.

OKCXC70
01-03-2009, 08:12 AM
I've been thinking of getting a clear bra for the front of my black 08. I did like the plastic cladding on the previous model as it has protected the front end very well. I've found some on the web, can't figure out where to look in the phone book for something local. No listings for it under auto accessories or even window tinting. My mud flaps are on the way and I want to get a cargo mat for the back end to protect it from dog drool. Anyone have the reversible textile/rubber mat? The old one didn't fit exactly when reversed to rubber side up (which is how I roll). I also thought of some seat covers to protect the leather. Leopard print would rock! But first things first are the clear bra, the satellite module install and the hitch. Also, I want to get a K and N air filter to help with the gas mileage.

exfive
01-04-2009, 06:09 AM
A low tyre pressure warning system (not available here)

Better iPod control (I have aux in only), but I think that was dealt with in the 09 model change

Auto headlights (I just leave mine on all the time now)

Engine Temperature gauge (I just feel lost without one...) but that could even be done by software upgrade I guess.

A trip computer that holds its settings (distance to empty etc.)

A bit better suspension control and noise minimisation (clunking on rough roads and so on)

Make the roof racks a option (which I wouldn't pick to reduce wind noise and improve fuel economy).

Not much of a list - I am quite happy indeed with my XC so far...

Before I got the car, I didn't really like the silver surrounds of the foglights and rear reflectors but I have got quite used to them now and wouldn't actually change them... :D

Lotus99
01-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Better iPod control (I have aux in only), but I think that was dealt with in the 09 model change

You sure you can't get it as an accessory? The iPod interface, which is installed by the dealer into the center armrest, was available in North America from the 08 model year at least.

Here's a link to it: GO HERE (http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/V70-XC70/audio/cd/VCC-317713.htm)

OKCXC70
01-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I finally found a place to put the clear bra on. They charge $575 for the film and labor. It would be more if I had gone through the dealer, BTW. Just thought I would pass it on for comparison purposes.

HeadXC
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Heat Gauge, i cant believe it doesn't have one.
Parking ticket holder like all previous model years
BETTER FUEL MILEAGE!!!!

Lotus99
01-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Parking ticket holder like all previous model years

For that, at least there might be a solution. A guy with an 08 S80 put it on afterwards. He said:

"The plastic ticket holder can be installed. The slot in the A-pillar is still there. Order it through the parts department. It is just a couple of $$ and it snaps in. I've got it.

IIRC, you have to remove the trim panel covering the A pillar to install the clip."

HeadXC
01-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks will look into

Lotus99
01-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Let us know the details if you do please! Part #, cost, and whether it's a DIY or not!