PDA

View Full Version : Saving changes to HU 613

canthonica
12-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I have read on the forum about the radio codes and have successfully been able to change my radio for US spec (odd radio frequencies) to European or Australian frequencies. I have recently move to Germany and had my 04 XC70 shipped. I have a HU 613 radio. To change from US to AU frequencies I turned on the radio while holding down the I-20/DISC button. This gave me the ability to switch from US to AU. I then push the I-20/DISC button to make the change to AU. Then I rotated the I-20/DISC knob to select back and save. I then pushed the button to save. However, when I turn off the ignition, and on again, the radio will momentarily keep the AU settings but after a few seconds, go back to the factory U.S. settings. Is it possible to make the radio save the AU settings? I have seen others post this question but I haven't seen a answer. Thanks in advance for your time.

canthonica
12-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Does this require vida or vidas? Does anyone have an idea on this?

andrewju
12-31-2008, 05:46 AM
I had a similar problem. It seems it's not possible to save these changes permanently. You have to upload a new software to your radio in order to get the AU (even) frequencies permanently. And a SW update can only be done by a Volvo official dealer.

I updated mine at a local Volvo dealer and it works perfectly with all the radio stations in my area!

Volvo1080
07-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I have the same problem, you need a software update by a dealer!