PDA

View Full Version : 100,000 mile club

Big
12-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I know 100,000 miles is not much for a Volvo but it is still a milestone in car ownership, especially when you've had the car from the beginning. No major problems. A few dings. Still gets a dependable 20 mpg overall (17 when towing the travel trailer; see attached photo on the way to Yellowstone in September). How are other original XC90 owners doing?

Fundrbrd
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
127k miles, and the car looks remarkably good & drives remarkably well.

I have a set of major, major expenses coming up: new timing belt, flush & fill all systems (cooling, driveline & tranny, brakes, prolly power steering, am I missing anything?), injector cleaning, filters.

Prolly need to see about getting the engine flushed, not just drained & filled.

Need to put some new plugs in it. May try to do that one myself, although I haven't mucked about under a hood for a while...

I'm sure it's time to look into new shocks/struts/whatever this thing has...

The leather interior is just starting to wear in a couple of rub points, and I don't even think it's the leather.

Once I get this done, I fully expect this puppy to get me to 250k with minimal problems and expense. We bought this to replace our Plymouth minivan with 282k+ miles (Chrysler motor, not Mitsush!tty). Given that we spent 6x as much on our XC90 (van was used), I expect that it will run, what? 1.692 million miles! lol :D

Don't know if my siggy says yet: '04 XC90 2.5T AWD

dmd
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I know 100,000 miles is not much for a Volvo but it is still a milestone in car ownership, especially when you've had the car from the beginning. No major problems. A few dings. Still gets a dependable 20 mpg overall (17 when towing the travel trailer; see attached photo on the way to Yellowstone in September). How are other original XC90 owners doing?

Well.... At least the TT is not overloading the car...

Big
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Well.... At least the TT is not overloading the car...
The European style of barely big enough. ;) Actually, there's not much reserve in the weight ratings when loaded for a long trip. The XC90 could handle a 16-foot TT but it would be maxed out.

dmd
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
In europe I have seen much larger trailers being pulled by much smaller cars, mainly
in Sweden.

Reminds me of this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMEh4l3DI8U