PDA

View Full Version : I'm a XC90 Newbie - Good Products for Cleaning Leather Seats & Dashboard?

XC90owner
11-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi all.

I'm the happy, new owner of a certified, pre-owned 2007 XC90 which I've been driving for less than a week and absolutely love already. As with all of the vehicles I've owned, I plan to take good care of my XC90 and perform routine cleaning, both exterior and interior. As I've never owned a Volvo before, or a vehicle with leather seats, for that matter, I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend some good products for cleaning the leather seats, dashboard and console surface, and the interior side of the doors (the handle, armrest, map and bottle holder, etc.). Ideally, I'm looking for something that won't just make everything look new and shiny, but more for something that does have some cleaning power for removing any dirt or smudges that might appear. Granted, I doubt there's one magic product that does all of this and more, but if there's a product that tends to be well-regarded for cleaning leather seats, another that's better for the console, and yet another that's better for the interior side of the door, any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

tgwillard
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
For the leather seats I recommend an application every three to four months of a good leather cleaner and separate conditioner. If the leather does not show any direct just use the conditioner. I use Zymol, but there are many good products out there. I prefer not to use a combination cleaner/conditioner, but that is just my preference. Also in the summer I use a sun blocker I place under the visors when parked to help protect the dash board. For the exterior trim services I use a product called Trimshine from a company called Stoner. I found mine at the local NEPA parts store. You can also order from Stoner's web site.

tato_c
11-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I use the Mister Clean Magic Eraser sponge. I know that it's unconventional, but there's nothing that cleans better and faster. I used first time two years ago and there was no problem at all with the leather surfaces (I live in Florida and the sun & heat are really strong).

Steering wheel, door panels, dashboard, seats, everything. Once you start, you won't believe your eyes how good it is.

Tato!