PDA

View Full Version : 215/65/16 GoodYear Tripletred

kamiar
11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I have put these today on my 04XC70 and they look good and handles very well, they are not very quite tires though unlike the ComforTred ones...

Anybody else has experienced these tires..

Btw, 785 CAN for 4 of them installed in Montreal, Canada....

Kami

Forkster
11-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Yep - on my Mazda MPV - 205/55R16. I agree - not the quietest but it handles rain, hail, and dry pavement very well - perhaps one of the better set of All Seasons Goodyear has ever made. Tirerack has it ranked #1 in All Season. (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=AS)

Good treadwear too. On a XC70 - can't be a bad thing for an summer tire. HOWEVER, it's no winter tire. Compared to the studded tires winter tires I put on the MPV, their awful in snow and ice. But great summer tires. :)

Phrog
11-06-2008, 06:09 AM
I just installed 4 on my 2001 XC. $623 US total. No challenging weather yet
though - hope to see that soon!

-Phrog

chinapat
11-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi kami. Sounds like the tires you installed are all season. You now that in quebec, as of december 15, all cars are required to have dedicated winter tires, right?

kamiar
11-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi Chinapat,

I heard about the new (stupid) rule, i am not going to drive this car a lot in winter so i am not going to put winter tires for now, lets see if they can really enforce this stupid rule...

mxstanl
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
We put the second set of these on our 05 XC 70. they have been great. they work well in the wet and do pretty good in the snow as well. We live in Colorado and those tires have performed well. The warranty on them is great as well. The XC70 chews threw tires so the warranty pays out on these too!

My3buicks
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
It pays to really shop around for these tires, I took several prices I had found to my local Goodyear Auto Service Center and I walked out the door at $471.16 for everything.

As noted they are somewhat noisier than what I had on in prior, I also do not think it rides a little stiffer - but neither is bothersome or a dealbreaker.

Traction has been very good - wet road traction is superb, I have been on some fairly heavily slushy roads and it handled that very well, I was in the passing lane on the interstate and felt secure.

My parants just got a set for their Outback also, and are pleased with them.[thumbup]

kamiar
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow, such a difference! I paid 785CAN for 4 of them installed in Montreal, Canada....

tkirwan
12-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm also on my second set of these. They hold the ground really well in wet and dry. I only got about 35K miles out of them, but they rebated the remainder of the 80K warranty onto the replacement set, so I now have a new set.

They're not the quietest, but they're also not the loudest. I'm willing to give up a little in the noise department for their excellent handling.