PDA

View Full Version : srs warning after removing climate control

un4given
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
help...i removed the climate control module and upon powering up the car i got a SRS urgent service needed... how do i reset it? :confused:

reggiepdavison
10-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Pretty sure that you need to get that reset at the dealership. There are a number of threads that mention this issue. Check this one for more info...

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10037&highlight=srs+message

scolazz
10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, I did this just after I bought mine. Have a friend in the business that did it for free, but the dealer has to reset this. What a PIA.

JRL
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
You MUST disconnect the battery first
Dealer only reset

MoeB
10-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Join the club. I learned the hard way, too.

billr99
10-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Yes, I did this just after I bought mine. Have a friend in the business that did it for free, but the dealer has to reset this. What a PIA.
Yep, you can blame all those government agencies out there trying to protect us from ourselves. Jeez, for a return to the days of basic automotive electrics!

And for you young guys out there, those were the days when the mechanical bits would last 50K miles at best and you had to work on the things nearly weekly to keep them running. But the electrical system only had 2-4 fuses in it and everything, including the electrics, could be fixed with basic tools and basic knowledge. Of course, if you had an American car of those days, they never broke much and you didn't even have to change the oil (the use of a coat hanger would coax that stuff out of the crankcase just fine).

Gawd, I'm getting old!:eek:

Cheers,

Bill

JRL
10-27-2008, 06:50 AM
How about a tune up every Friday night if you wanted to be fast and beat your neighbor?
A couple of hours idling in traffic and your plugs were fouled, the points fried, etc.
Heck in my 63 Stingray (in 1963) I literally set the valve lash every Friday afternoon after school, installed new plugs, adjusted the carburator and checked the point gap and did weekly experiments with cam timing (different valve adjustments) to see if we could get a tenth here, a tenth there, etc.
(Only way you were going to beat the guy next to you)!
This were the days that you would drag race at almost every stoplight! [thumbup].
You can't do that anymore :( any of it, the tuning, the racing, the FUN........

pdk
10-27-2008, 04:40 PM
how about being able to see the ground under the engine and just having room to be able to do the work.......

billr99
10-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Heck in my 63 Stingray (in 1963) I literally set the valve lash every Friday afternoon after school, installed new plugs, adjusted the carburator and checked the point gap and did weekly experiments with cam timing (different valve adjustments) to see if we could get a tenth here, a tenth there, etc.

Hell, I'd do that in my '58 MGA just to keep the thing running for the week!

Bill