PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Control Valve

funglenn
10-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Everyone,

Reading up on posts, I am looking for cultpits why I don't get great fuel economy. I thought about changing the turbo control valve, but my current valve seems smooth on acceleration. Considering my other volvo is an S60R, hard to tell if I am getting robbed of power in the XC70 since my comparison car is too different.

Could it help to replace it anyway. (I get about 18 MPG, worse than the R ). I have done plugs, filters, etc, so I am at a loss.

I wonder if the IPD version is worth it or just the volvo OEM might help.

Thoughts?

duncan
10-26-2008, 09:58 AM
What sort of mpg do you get? I don't get "great" economy, but I have a feeling that's pretty normal. Best I have ever had on a tank was 28mpg, and that was 100% highway, at 110km/hr, on cruise control. Normally it's about 20mpg for regular driving.

brbevil
10-27-2008, 08:04 AM
2 Weeks ago I replaced my TCV with an IPD HD version and replaced the plugs with GNK Iridiums. - Mileage we up both around town and highway and fun factor went up also.

n00bkiller944
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
At what mileage does volvo recommend you replace the plugs at? Also I get absolutely awful gas mileage in the city, anywhere from 14-16 but the highway is not bad at all, do you think replacing my TCV would help increase this? My car is an '05 with only 40,000 miles.