PDA

View Full Version : Just had my transmission replaced - How sweet it is!

brianc2112
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update.

PaperToast posted a link to Volvo shops in the Northwest. Thanks a bunch PaperToast! I couldnt have asked for better service. Just as I suspected, the tranny was going out. Josh Rempt of Rempt Motor Company in Auburn, Washington took care of everything. He used Volvo Tranny Fluid 1161540. Flushed the lines and cooler, and perfomed the transmission adaptation with his VADIS.

Very good price, Very good service.

Highly recommended!

scolazz
10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
how many miles did you have? Can I ask what you paid for the new tranny?

brianc2112
10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
94,000 miles on it. The total cost was roughly $4600.00. Fortunately, I had a warranty. The warranty said that a repair shop could use "New, Remanufactured, or similar like item." which means used. Because of this, they warranty company would only pay roughly $3300.00, which is the cost of a used tranny. Therefore, I had to pay the difference which was roughly $1300.00.

It would have been about $500.00 less if the warranty company didn't insist that the old tranny was torn apart and inspected. Josh said that he had seen so many of these with the same problem, that it was a waste of time to tear it apart, but the warranty company said he had to.

So to make a long story short, Josh would have replaced the tranny for about $4100.00. From what he was saying, the replacement tranny was in essence a new tranny. The company that makes these trannies here in the US is using brand new housings and brand new parts. They may not come from Sweden, but they are new in all manner and not considered re-manufactured because none of the parts had been previously used.

JRL
10-24-2008, 04:41 PM
AW is Japanese.
ALL the parts, including the case, come from Japan

PaperToast
10-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update.

PaperToast posted a link to Volvo shops in the Northwest. Thanks a bunch PaperToast! I couldnt have asked for better service. Just as I suspected, the tranny was going out. Josh Rempt of Rempt Motor Company in Auburn, Washington took care of everything. He used Volvo Tranny Fluid 1161540. Flushed the lines and cooler, and perfomed the transmission adaptation with his VADIS.

Very good price, Very good service.

Highly recommended!

your welcome [thumbup]
least i could do to help out. thats why i keep an eye on different forums, the info is always good to have access too.
need any other info just let us know ;)