PDA

View Full Version : Key fob battery replacement

wgriswold
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
My key fob is only working intermittently to unlock or lock the doors. I am hoping that replacing the battery will make all well. So, how to get the thing open? The manual says to use a screwdriver but the screw seems to be either an allenhead or a torx and neither fits. Anybody done this who can give me some help?

Mink
10-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Wait - there's a little panel on the side of the fob that prizes off with a small screwdriver or the tip of a knife. No screws to undo...

(Edit: or should that be 'prises'? Conflicting advice in the dictionary...)

Lincoln
10-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Wait - there's a little panel on the side of the fob that you pry off with a small screwdriver or the tip of a knife. No screws to undo...

Conflict resolved ;)

wgriswold
10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
This is a MY 2003 and there is a separate key and wireless controller (fob). The manual says to unscrew the screw to remove the back and there is a screw there. Are you sure that this model can be pried off? I don't want to break a $150 part by destroying the back.

Mink
10-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh no - my fob incorporates the key, and there's no external screw. So pretend I never pried into your affairs... (BTW, first prize to Lincoln for literacy...)

Lincoln
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh no - my fob incorporates the key, and there's no external screw. So pretend I never pried into your affairs... (BTW, first prize to Lincoln for literacy...)

Actually I just created a work-around to cover my lack of literacy. :D