PDA

View Full Version : CEL - rich mixture

dleroi
09-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Okay,

My CEL came on a few months ago on my 99 vxc. I took it to the volvo mechanic and he said my rear O2 sensor needed replacing. Replaced it and a day later CEL came on again (I must mention I thought it might have been the throttle control module with all the rough idling taking place). Seems the front O2 sensor needed replacing as well.

Drove for about a month then bam! CEL again and smell of rich mixture. SLight rough idling. Took it in and he spent the day with it. Hooked it up to the Vida machine and it pointed to O2 sensor again He voltage tested the O2 sensor and it seemed to e working fine. To make an already long story short i have taken it in 4 more times. He has checked the fuel injectors, vacuum leaks, the cad converter, O2 sensors again and nothing.

CEL has gone off for a couple of days then came back on today. However, no rich mixture smell now. The last time I picked it up he had reset the system again and said the CEL light was now on because of a code from the key that "handshakes" with the car allowing it to start. He thinks it might be malfunctioning.

Anyway any thoughts or ideas??

status right now is the CEL came back on again and there is no weird smells or rough idle