PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know stats on standard speakers in 01 xc70? What sizes & brands?

01XC70
09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
I am one of those who actually loves the sound of my stock volvo speakers...I've looked around in the car and down by the spare tire, I don't see a subwoofer but my system sounds so good! I've counted what I think are 8 speakers. I want to duplicate the sound in another car...
Does anyone know the stats on the standard speakers that come in the car? Like what brand, size used, and max. watts etc?

I do have a nice aftermarket pioneer deck hooked up.

Willy
09-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Unless you are a bass addict, audio systems can sound pretty good without sub-woofer :D
You have checked the dashboard (grill)?.
Duplicating the sound in another car won't be easy, even using the same drivers, since all
other factors (cavities, damping/reflection, vomules etc) will be different.
Willy

Aviator
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Anyone know stats on standard speakers in 01 xc70? What sizes & brands?

Can't tell you the sizes, but I did find out on this forum that Dynaudio is/was the manufacturer of the speakers and/or head units.

Dave.

gibbons
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
When I removed the stock, base 613 level speakers, I was surprised at what junk they were! I cut them up to show my sons how speakers work. They weren't worth keeping, IMHO. Mine sounds great with Infinity Kappa Perfect components in the front, Infinity coaxs in the back, the Volvo sub, and Volvo amp upgrade. Really great, far superior to the much lauded Harmon-Kardon system in our new Subaru.

Willy
09-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I think that Dynaudio drivers are used only for the Premium option.
There are a lot of possible configurations, no less than 10 drivers can be
placed (although the sub-woofers are perhaps not used together):
4 "main" drivers in the doors + 2 in the D-pillars. 2 tweeters in the front doors,
a sub in the dashboard and one in the cargo area.
Willy