PDA

View Full Version : removing bugs from the bumper and hood

chinapat
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Any forum members know of any sure-fire ways to get bugs off the front of the car? I am finding they are particularly difficult to remove from the plastic bits (ie. the bumper) vs. the steel hood.

Cheers

Mitch
09-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Very HOT water and lots of car wash soap does the trick for me with my car wash mit.

wgriswold
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I just used Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean the cladding. Took everything off including any bugs. Magic eraser is the best thing I have ever used to clean the cladding.

JRL
09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
You can also try soaking the bugs in WD-40 for a while, then wash them off (really)

PaperToast
09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
some stuff that i use to take tree sap off is called simple green.
if it takes sap off then bugs wont be any trouble.
just spray a little on let it soak for a min or two, scrub a dub, and bam, nice and clean

Motorhead
09-02-2008, 03:39 AM
There is heaps of different bug removers in car parts stores etc. Most of them you spray on leave for a few minutes & then rinse them all up but unfortunately most are so strong they'll remove your wax as well so remember to top it up after.

boon4376
09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I just used Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean the cladding. Took everything off including any bugs. Magic eraser is the best thing I have ever used to clean the cladding.

I'm going to have to say that the magic eraser is the best invention on earth! [thumbup] It cleans EVERYTHING!, wouldnt want to touch the paint with it though

some stuff that i use to take tree sap off is called simple green.
if it takes sap off then bugs wont be any trouble.
just spray a little on let it soak for a min or two, scrub a dub, and bam, nice and clean
I can also vouch for this product too, its available at auto parts stores and its environmentally friendly too.

striperhound
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Simple Green's very good, but will it strip wax off the car?

MoeB
09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes.