PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this problem while off-roading?

s_moody
08-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi All,

While out on a photography trip, I drove my XC for a few kilometers on what use to be a road that was completely overgrown with grass about three feet high.

I'm surprised volvo didn't think of these things when designing an "off road" vehicle.

billr99
08-23-2008, 08:25 PM
I've had Land Rovers that were designed with real off-roading in mind and have had the same "issue". I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, leave them there as a badge of courage.

Cheers,

Bill

uscgc70
08-24-2008, 12:23 AM
This happens to any vehicle driven through tall grass. There's no real way to design edge's out of the underside. i wouldn't worry about it causing any damage, if it bothers you just wash it off.

budrichard
08-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Happens all the time. The Volvo mechanics laugh when they service my 03XC as in the fall they invariably picking corn stalks out of the undercarriage!-Dick

funglenn
08-24-2008, 01:23 PM
You must remember this is not really an off-roading car. I have done things and gone places in my old Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner I would never think about doing with this car.

And yes, invariably I also had all sorts of things sticking out of those cars. It is a badge of courage [thumbup]

PaperToast
08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
about the only prob i see is that the city is getting a free street sweeping:p

thats kool, at least you have grass stuck
i have nasty mud around here that invaribly coats the uderside