PDA

View Full Version : 7 seats in new XC70 / V70?

bloodpuddle
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi all

I'm a newbie here and have been searching for information about whether the 7 seater option is going to become available in the 2008 model XC70 / V70. No luck so far.

My understanding is that they're not currently available on the cars, but I wonder if they might become available. Anyone know? Anyone know why they're not available?

I'm not keen to buy an XC90 (or any other SUV for that matter) and so my other option appears to be a 2nd hand 2007 XC70.

Cheers

kave
08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi all

I'm a newbie here and have been searching for information about whether the 7 seater option is going to become available in the 2008 model XC70 / V70. No luck so far.

Cheers
Probably due to Euro NCAP and various crash tests there will be no extra seats as an option. The XC90 is the way to go for 7 seats.

bloodpuddle
08-24-2008, 02:47 AM
yep. after spending the afternoon crawling all over an xc70 and an xc90, I agree: the extra seats in the xc70 really don't compare with those in the xc90 for anything longer than a quick urban trip.

I never saw myself driving an SUV, but it seems to be heading in that direction...

TrueBlue
08-24-2008, 02:50 AM
They were never very satisfactory;

The seats were thin and unfomfortable
Only usable for small children
Useful for short journeys only,
kids are not really accessible of attention etc
fills up the underfloor area (no room for woofer etc)
seatbelts get in the way of the loadspace when not in use.
A "sales feature" only....

roadhog
09-25-2008, 05:44 AM
A "sales feature" only....

I wouldn't go quite that far. The items you mention are true. But I have still found them very useful for what they are. I have them in my '04 and we often pack many neighborhood kids in the car to go short distances to school or soccer practice, etc. Great for smaller kids for short drives. Kept me out of the minivan market for several years.

Definitely not an everyday or long duration seat though. It's not secret it's not for adults. Weight and height limitations clearly documented.