PDA

View Full Version : Early days with '09 XC70 T6 AWD

goodcarbadcar
08-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Power is plentiful. Fuel economy appears as though it could be disastrous, but yet to be determined over a longer period of time. $55,000 Canadian is a lot of money for a luxo wagon, but the features are plentiful (loving the Bluetoothand absolutely spectacular stereo). More importantly, there is so much space for every passenger and cargo capacity is capacious, indeed. We expect to sleep in the back when camping later this week. All my impressions are at this link. http://goodcarbadcar.blogspot.com/search/label/XC70

goodcarbadcar
08-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Amazing how over time it's the little (I use that in the loosest sense) things that make the biggest impression. Last night was the first time I'd driven the XC70 in a more rural area under moonlight. The headlights instill such confidence and mask any perceived need for rotating lamps. See around corners? They already do.

Secondly, the stereo is absolutely beyond belief. I haven't attempted to reach its outer limits yet. Where it goes, ye cannot come. Clarity is the name of the game, at least to the lofty levels where the knob has been turned thus far. Speaking of the stereo, Bluetooth is working fine for me, but the person on the other end needs me to shout in order for them to hear at all, and then just barely. Their voice comes through the speakers fine, though.