PDA

View Full Version : warranty on "certified" used volvo

sharkey
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences with getting repairs covered under volvo's certified used car warranty. I'm thinking about buying a certified used xc70 but am wondering what repairs will actually be covered by the manufacturer since the language in the brochure seems to indicate that repairs due to normal wear and tear are NOT covered. Anyone had experience with this?

JRL
08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Pretty much everything the new car warranty covers except upholstory, convertible tops, etc

sharkey
08-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks, JRL. So, does this mean that all major mechanical repairs (ie. exhaust system, motor mounts, transmission issues, etc) would be covered if under the certifed used warranty?

JRL
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks, JRL. So, does this mean that all major mechanical repairs (ie. exhaust system, motor mounts, transmission issues, etc) would be covered if under the certifed used warranty?

"Pretty much everything the new car warranty covers except upholstory, convertible tops, etc"

I don't like to repeat myself,
if you need to know EXACT specifics wouldn't it be easier to just
CALL a Volvo dealer?

goldxc70
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences with getting repairs covered under volvo's certified used car warranty. I'm thinking about buying a certified used xc70 but am wondering what repairs will actually be covered by the manufacturer since the language in the brochure seems to indicate that repairs due to normal wear and tear are NOT covered. Anyone had experience with this?

Here in Canada, there is a $100 charge per warranty call. I was charged this recently for a wheel bearing replacement.

sharkey
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
"Pretty much everything the new car warranty covers except upholstory, convertible tops, etc"

I don't like to repeat myself,
if you need to know EXACT specifics wouldn't it be easier to just
CALL a Volvo dealer?

Gee, JRL. I didn't mean to offend you. I am actually talking to a Volvo dealer about a certified car, and I cannot seem to get a specific answer out of them. They just quote the language in the brochure. So, I was hoping to hear about people's actual experiences with service under the certified used warranty to get a better idea of how it works.

FYI - we were considering contacting you about your inventory because you seemed so helpful, but your angry outburst has dissuaded us from doing so.

JRL
08-13-2008, 06:16 PM
So sorry to hear.......
that you're so thin skinned that a response that bothered you would pursuede you to go to a Volvo "shove 'em out the door" dealer. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, etc?

Well, good luck, you may, no will need it if that's all this dealer can tell you about CPO warranties.
Imagine what your service experience will be like?
I would suggest you try the next dealer, (I'm serious).

As for my answer, I responded once and then you asked the same thing again!:(
What's the point in asking a second time if you didn't like the first answer? The answer is the same

THAT'S why I said what I did and if it bothers you, well I'm just sorry about that

v1vrv2
08-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I own a 2002 V70XC bought 3 years ago under the certified used car program. It came with the 7 year 100000 mile warranty. Well I brought it in to the dealership last month, last month the warranty is good, and they are still working on a thumping noise coming from the car. They have, under VIP, replaced both wheel bearing, a steering knuckle, a couple of left suspension parts, and now we are awaiting the bevel gear to show up off the truck. It is all covered under the extended warranty. They also replaced a regulator.

BTW, a car with 64K miles should not be having these issues...IMO. If you buy a Volvo make sure you get the extended warranty. This little trip to the dealership is going to run in upwards of 4K by the time they are finished.

RobC
08-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Sharkey,

I had a 2001 V70 XC and the tranny gave out, while it was under the certified warranty. The dealer replaced the tranny at no cost. Additionally, while it was on the lift, they discovered some bad suspension components, which were also replaced for free. Hope this helps.

Rob C