PDA

View Full Version : XC Battery

RichS
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Has anyone already installed the Sears DieHard Platinum battery in their XC? The battery is designated as a 'Group Size 34'. Dimensions seem to be virtually identical to the Interstate MTP-H6 which, according to Interstate's web site, fits the 2002 XC ...

But size isn't everything (!) I know there is a vent/vent tube and batteries come with different terminal configurations ... so I am wondering if anyone has installed one of these.

The Platinum is a monster with 880 CCA and a 135 min. RC. Just what is needed when my wife parks the car with the flashers running to drop kids off at school and winds up sitting in on the school council meeting :D.

My local Sears store said they "do not have any battery to fit the car" :confused: which I find very hard to believe ... I just don't think they speak Volvo over there.

Thanks!

KB3MMX
04-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Has anyone already installed the Sears DieHard Platinum battery in their XC? The battery is designated as a 'Group Size 34'. Dimensions seem to be virtually identical to the Interstate MTP-H6 which, according to Interstate's web site, fits the 2002 XC ...

But size isn't everything (!) I know there is a vent/vent tube and batteries come with different terminal configurations ... so I am wondering if anyone has installed one of these.

The Platinum is a monster with 880 CCA and a 135 min. RC. Just what is needed when my wife parks the car with the flashers running to drop kids off at school and winds up sitting in on the school council meeting :D.

My local Sears store said they "do not have any battery to fit the car" :confused: which I find very hard to believe ... I just don't think they speak Volvo over there.

Thanks!

I'm looking at the same battery -vs- the Odyssey 1220-A to go in our 2003 VC70.
Did you put the DieHard Platinum AGM in your car ?

KB3MMX
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Update.. I installed the Diehard gold series AGM recently, Sears didn't have a platinum series gel cell that fit my XC.
The car cranks over a little faster with the new battery now.