PDA

View Full Version : xc 70 South Island New Zealand Xmas trip

dis
06-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Pictures of our family Xmas holiday camping around Central Otago and the Catlins Dec07/Jan08. The perfect way to run in a new XC 70 - with a few river fords, beaches and gravel roads to try out.

Art
06-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats and welcome to the site dis.:)

Nice gallery of photos there! It's hard to think of a nicer place where I would choose to test out a new ride. We had the pleasure of touring your beautiful homeland a few weeks before you took those pics of your camping trip. Not with a XC but in a less than graceful Britz Campervan. There are some stunning stretches of road in NZ but this one in particular from Westport to Greymouth was truly breathtaking.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Batstar/IMG_8508-1.jpg

dis
06-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Art- thanks for your feedback. How do you get your pics to be so large on this forum? We have an Apple Mac, so I e mailed the pics as jpegs to get them to the required less than 97kb. Any suggestions? I would love to put some scenic shots on as well, also not sure if the signposts in one of my shots can be read-fyi it says "track not suitable for cars." and "next 24 km 25 fords unmetalled" No worries though.
Cheers

Art
06-04-2008, 06:41 AM
dis,

You can find a number of image hosting sites that allow one to upload and store photos/videos for free. I just happen to use Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/). The free account gives you 1 GB of storage space with a max image size of 1024 x 768.

Mink
06-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah, Dis, I'd love to see your pix a bit bigger. Really hoping to get to NZ one day. Another popular free hosting site is Flickr.

Art, we've got the twin of that road here in South Africa - between Gordon's Bay and Rooiels, near Cape Town. Vegetation is different, but the shape of the road and ocean are strikingly similar - my favourite cycling route!

PJ810
06-13-2008, 12:09 AM
We want more and we want bigger photos!

Good to see the new model getting dirty in scenery where it belongs. Excellent scenery and photographs! Thanks for posting. :)

PaperToast
06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
that is pretty sweet, what a way to break it in [cool2]
would like the one of the river crossing in the original file
would make a great wallpaper

wish we had beaches here in colorado :( , but the mountains are pretty spectacular :cool:

nice countryside yall have there [thumbup]

dis
06-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey- thanks for all your kind words about my trip pics. I may be a bit dim, so could someone talk me through the steps to get my images larger here. I just clicked the paper clip icon to put attachments in, but could only get them to be small to fit in the <97kb maximum.
Would love to put some more up in all their glory...
Cheers
Dis

PJ810
06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey- thanks for all your kind words about my trip pics. I may be a bit dim, so could someone talk me through the steps to get my images larger here. I just clicked the paper clip icon to put attachments in, but could only get them to be small to fit in the <97kb maximum.
Would love to put some more up in all their glory...
Cheers
Dis

Open a Photobucket acount. (www.photobucket.com)

Upload your photos - no need to shrink them.

Photobucket will tell you the direct link of each photo. Copy the link. Then click on the <Insert Picture> button at the top of the message box when you're writing a new post (it's the second last button at the top). Paste the link into this and you'll get the required fields in your message so the pictures will show.

Hope that's clear. If I've confused, send me a private message and I'll explain in more detail and help you out.