PDA

View Full Version : Remote Locking/Stuck Key!

neilsland
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi,
My key is getting stuck in the ignition barrel. By messing about with the "shift lock" and moving the shifter between P and N, I can get it in and out. I've decided to leave the little wallet key in at all times until I can get this fixed (don't want to trash the barrel if it can be repaired!). My remote locking has stopped working as well. Are these related or just bad luck?

zman
11-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I am actually having Exact same problem, I did play with "shift lock" too, now the key is stuck in the ignition :(

zman
11-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Got it to work, pulled "Shift Lock" with set of pliers , key came right out of the ignition.

neilsland
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I sprayed some wd40 in the barrel and the lock button with no luck. As I said I was leaving the wallet key in at all times. About two weeks later I tried to get the ignition key out. It came out just fine. Everythings working again. No more probs (for now).

budrichard
11-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Unless the Shift Lock release indicates it is fully released the key will not come out of the ignition. Pull the release out when in PARK and the key will remove.
I am having the same problem and my Indy Service is obtaining a new Shift release. In the meantime the above works.-Dick