PDA

View Full Version : high whine from right front wheel

Roselake
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
We have had our 2004 XC70 about a week now. Mileage is 43K. Our first Volvo and we are loving it. We had it throughly checked out at a Volvo Service center before we bought it, they did warranty work on it,(the warranty expired 2 days before we bought the car, but Volvo agreed to honor it) Both front wheel bearings were replaced, as well as brakes and rotars. (front and back) I am puzzled by this noise, we will bring the car to an independent Volvo mechanic in our area to have our third row seat installed in a week or 2, I am thinking it would be a good idea to have him check it out. Sure hope it isn't any thing major. Any thoughts on what it might be?
Thanks, Rose

Jake529
05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
don't forget there are 4 wheel bearings on the car. If two were bad, you can bet that the others were just behind them...

Jake

rcb2001XC
05-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Does the noise stop when you step on the brake? If so that might indicate a brake pad rubbing on the rotor. The shop may have installed the anti-rattle spring incorrectly or cocked a brake pad. I wouldn't suspect a wheel bearing if new ones were just installed. Just because they are a professional shop doesn't mean they can't make mistakes.

Rick B.

Roselake
05-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks, I'll have it checked out when we have the 3rd row seat installed. The front bearings were the ones that were replaced, along with the control arms and bushings. Hopefully it is just something simple.

JRL
05-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Brake clip may not be in properly (came loose) and is making noise againt the rotor