PDA

View Full Version : Minor engine mods

Mossy
05-05-2008, 04:57 AM
From reading these forums I'm aware there are quite a few suppliers of aftermarket peformance parts in Europe and North America. Have any members from downunder had any experiences with attempting the odd engine modification, where did you go and how did it go ? I've got the 2002 model and wouldn't mind a few extra kws, nothing major, perhap something around the output of 2003 model onwards.

JRL
05-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Just get an ECU flash from someone (IPD, RICA, BSR) and add a quick 25-28hp and GLOBS of torque

goldxc70
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Just get an ECU flash from someone (IPD, RICA, BSR) and add a quick 25-28hp and GLOBS of torque

What about a flash that improves fuel economy? Not as much fun, I know, but useful these days :(

JRL
05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
What about a flash that improves fuel economy? Not as much fun, I know, but useful these days :(

Actually you don't lose any (mileage) and sometimes (usually) gain because the engine is running more efficiently AND...you tend to use a lighter foot (in normal driving) as the car is quicker and gets to speed easily
Add a downpipe and it's even more efficient still but you will never make up the cost of the mods, you'll just have a bigger grin on your face![cool2]

skibo
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually you don't lose any (mileage) and sometimes (usually) gain because the engine is running more efficiently AND...you tend to use a lighter foot (in normal driving) as the car is quicker and gets to speed easily

There must be some trade-off or they'd put these on at the factory and take credit for the better power and lower fuel consumption. Maybe emmissions? Or durability?