PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side mirror moves on it's own? xc70 2004

renoops
05-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced there mirrors moving on there own. If I press memory 1 or 3 button for the drivers seat, my mirror moves completely to right. Also, when I turn car off, exit vehicle, shut door and set the alarm, the next time I unlock and open the door the mirror moves again!!! Any suggestions? Help? Possible short in the wiring?

Thanks

Mitch
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I've seen it before when I replaced a mirror. The sofware had to get uploaded again and everything was fine.

JRL
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced there mirrors moving on there own. If I press memory 1 or 3 button for the drivers seat, my mirror moves completely to right. Also, when I turn car off, exit vehicle, shut door and set the alarm, the next time I unlock and open the door the mirror moves again!!! Any suggestions? Help? Possible short in the wiring?

Thanks

1st, just set everything back to the way you want it and RESET the memory positions. (and always use the same remote)

renoops
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks, I'll try that. I only have one remote so that won't be an issue. To reset the memory positions I just set the position and then hold memory and 1 button, the repeat for for 2 & 3, correct?

Thanks for your assistance, I'm a new owner, and just familiarizing myself to the XC70.

JRL
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks, I'll try that. I only have one remote so that won't be an issue. To reset the memory positions I just set the position and then hold memory and 1 button, the repeat for for 2 & 3, correct?

Thanks for your assistance, I'm a new owner, and just familiarizing myself to the XC70.

Correct.
They may have got messed up and the mirror setting was off
(Let me know) These do lose their memory from time to time and need resetting

renoops
05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Tried resetting the seats, but unfortunately, it didn't work. Any idea what it would run me to have the software updated?

Thanks again, Steven

JRL
05-03-2008, 04:45 AM
Depends on how decent your dealer is.
It's not a big deal, yet your price may vary greatly

santon
05-05-2008, 05:34 AM
exact same thing happens to me, but mine poitns straight into the sky when I hit the presets. tried everythign.

JRL
05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
You guys now need some (Volvo) software updates

KCsXC
05-05-2008, 05:24 PM
My 2002 drivers side mirror moves slightly everytime the car is unlocked and door is opened. Usually about once every couple of weeks I have re-adjust using the door console control. It has never gone out totally, just enough that you hear the mirror motor run when you unlock and open. It has never gotten worse and I did not want to open a can of worms at the dealer by asking them to look into it.

KC

levpri
05-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Exactly the same with my 02. Occasionally the passenger side mirror moves, too. I just press one of the memory buttons and they go back to my preset positions. Hopefully it is not going to develop into a bigger problem.