PDA

View Full Version : How to disable DSTC completeley on 2008 XC70?

kave
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I have a 2009 XC 70 on order. I wonder if anyone has figured out how to disable DSTC? I realise there is a fuse to remove for DSTC to be disabled, like old XC 70.
Edit:
I found the solution my self. Look at the las post for info.

JRL
04-28-2008, 06:25 PM
No you push a button you NEVER take out the fuses

kave
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
No you push a button you NEVER take out the fuses

If you please read what I am typing. I mean disable DSTC completely. Since 2006 you can't disable the stability control, only the anti spin with the button. So for the winter when you wan't to play Volvo is stopping you.
So therefore I wonder how do we disable DSTC?
Let's say I like to disable ABS for example, then I ALWAYS remove the fuse for the ABS.

Mink
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Looking at where you live, Kave, why don't you drive over to the factory and ask them?

kave
04-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Looking at where you live, Kave, why don't you drive over to the factory and ask them?

Well, It's not that you just drive in to the factory and talk to the constructors directly.

kave
11-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I have just found Pandoras box. I removed fuse number 3 inside the car.
No more ABS or DSTC. Completely shut off. Now the car be handled properly in the snow :)

Lotus99
11-26-2008, 12:52 AM
I have just found Pandoras box. I removed fuse number 3 inside the car.
No more ABS or DSTC. Completely shut off. Now the car be handled properly in the snow :)

How do you rate the car's AWD system? Have you driven an Audi Quattro's, like the A4's, to compare it to?

My previous 2000 MY Quattro A4 with all seasons even was unstoppable in the snow. Wondering how this T6 will do...

Cape Cod Bound
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
The relative (in)stability of the traction control on our 2008 - even with Pirelli Sottozeros - does not compare to the sure footed-ness of our 2004 Audi S4 with Hankook snows. And its a V8 - so more power to control.

The quattro system is simply superior.

XC70's system is fine in deeper snow but a little glazing or snow/ice combo and its able to "play" without having the need to turn off the DSTC.

Try it!

kave
12-09-2008, 12:51 AM
The relative (in)stability of the traction control on our 2008 - even with Pirelli Sottozeros - does not compare to the sure footed-ness of our 2004 Audi S4 with Hankook snows. And its a V8 - so more power to control.

The quattro system is simply superior.

XC70's system is fine in deeper snow but a little glazing or snow/ice combo and its able to "play" without having the need to turn off the DSTC.

Try it!

The MY2009 cars have Haldex generation 4 so I would try one out if I where you. To me it feels almost better than my old A4 Quattro or Subaru Forester.
I am not sure how you compare it to the low, understeer A4.
The Audi's are primarily built for Autobahn speed where stability is prefered over quicker handling.
If you like a more aggressive DSTC I would try the XC70N out, since they interfere much more than the current generation.