PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer for the 2008 or 2009 XC70?

MLPVT
04-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I (was) just about ready to order a new 2009 XC70 with the new Dynaudio stereo system when I decided to check the Volvo website to see if Volvo was again going to offer a subwoofer as an accessory like they have the last few years. Much to my dismay, it doesn't appear anywhere on the web site for the U.S., however, if you check the Volvo international site, it is available in just about every other country on the planet with the exception of the U.S.

It seems very strange to me that Volvo would be offering a subwoofer to Australia, Russia, the UK, Mexico, Japan, TUNISIA(?) and every other country I checked on the website but not the United States?

The local dealership seems to know less than I do on the subject which bothers me even more.

Has anyone in this group been successful in getting the subwoofer for the new (2008) XC70 or happen to know the part number for the it?

If anyone knows who I can contact directly at Volvo of North America on this issue, PLEASE let me know.

Please respond to me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

Lar

MLPVT
04-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Yesterday I enlisted the help of a helpful & resourceful "Parts Department" person at the ONE Volvo Dealership in Vermont, trying to determine if the Subwoofer was in fact going to be offered in the U.S.

He was able to contact someone at Volvo of North America that handles parts for entire U.S.

I am sad to say that his "contact person" informed him that the subwoofer was in fact "not available in the United States" and she did not elaborate as to why Volvo made this decision.

I was stunned to say the least. WHY would this company market this item to virutually EVERY other country on the planet where they do business but NOT here in the U.S.!

Anyway, I will be posting a pic of a "disconnected cable" beneath the cargo tray where the woofer would go with just enough cable to hookup to something directly above it in a few hours. I have the dealership looking into it trying to determine what exactly this cable is for if not for the subwoofer.

exfive
04-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Although here in Australia, you can option the subwoofer, I just couldn't do it...

I ordered the Dynaudio stereo upgrade (AU$930) but the subwoofer at AU$1280 didn't seem very good value. What makes it more bizarre is that in the UK, the upgrade is 1000 pounds and the subwoofer is only 180 ! Weird eh ?

Good news if there is a cable connector ready to go because I am sure something non-genuine could be installed at a reasonable cost...

Ozzie
08-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Does anyone have any info on getting an OEM subwoofer into the 2008+ XC70?

TIA
oz

arejohn
08-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Information on the connector pin outs? Anything?