PDA

View Full Version : major loss of power!!

gjshafer
04-23-2008, 06:03 AM
New to the threads here! I have a 98 XCV70 with 200,00 miles on her. She just started losing power lately. When pressing the pedal down it will slow down and the rpm's will go up but no increase in speed. Acts like a restriction of some sort. A few years ago I had it in the shop and after picking it up there was a loss of power so back it went.. They said there was a line off which caused the power loss. I looked around but can not find anything obvious. Almost acts like the wet weather button is on, but it doesnt make any difference which drive mode it is in. Any help will be great!!!!

MattyB_N_Va
04-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Have you checked all your bushings and engine mounts, or even had them replaced with ployurethane, or OEM parts yet? That's where I'd start, then, if you have a turbo, make sure to inspect the seal in between the turbo and the pipe, as there might be some oil leakage. And the rear transmission mount, don't forget about that either.

mrscullini
04-23-2008, 10:01 AM
is the cel illuminated?

JRL
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
New to the threads here! I have a 98 XCV70 with 200,00 miles on her. She just started losing power lately. When pressing the pedal down it will slow down and the rpm's will go up but no increase in speed. Acts like a restriction of some sort. A few years ago I had it in the shop and after picking it up there was a loss of power so back it went.. They said there was a line off which caused the power loss. I looked around but can not find anything obvious. Almost acts like the wet weather button is on, but it doesnt make any difference which drive mode it is in. Any help will be great!!!!

You just said the power goes up but the car doesn't move, look to the transmission

gjshafer
04-24-2008, 04:15 AM
I replaced the mounts about 2 years ago after they warn and fell apart. Yes it is leaking oil from the oil seal but that shouldnt have anything to do with the loss of power should it?
The service eng light is on but I havent had time to take it to a garage and get it checked.
It really doesn't act like the tranny is slipping. As soon as it hits a grade it loses power and if you press the pedal further it loses even more power. If you let off and hit it slowly again it will pick up some speed but after a few seconds it will lose power again. It will run 100 mph down hill!!!