PDA

View Full Version : new tires for '04 xc70

deeps
04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
The Pirelli Scorpion STRs that came with my '04 xc70 are worn down (36K miles). Anybody have any good recommendations for replacements? I'm looking for something year-round that will perform well on the occasional ski trip to Tahoe, and will last a bit longer than the Pirellis. A Volvo dealership in Sacramento strongly recommends Michelin HydroEdges. Anybody have any experience with these?

MGC
04-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Take a look at the Nokian line of tires. If you search this forum you will find several postings on the subject of tires.

I put the Nokians on my 03 xc70 and they have been the best tire I have run. They are excellent in snow for driving the passes and handle the wet roads here in Seattle with ease. I will need to change them soon but they have worn well I have approximately 55000 miles on them. The Nokian tire has been a better tire than the Pirelli Scorpions on my car.

Morrie

Jake529
04-20-2008, 08:11 AM
The Michellans are a great tire. I had them on my car and did a great job. Long wearing only thing is when they got a little worn, not so good in the snow....

Jake

tgrumaj
04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
I got a set of the "WR"'s about 2 1/2 years ago and with about 30k miles on them they are still going strong. Great wear, quiet, and very good traction in snow (rated as a full snow tire but great for year round). They aren't cheap, but if you looking at Michelin you're in the same price range.