PDA

View Full Version : Strange Noise

n00bkiller944
04-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Okay guys, this might be a hard one since i really don't know how to describe it, but ill give it a shot anyway. So lately when applying the brakes, and the turning sharply at a slow speed (like when pulling into a parking space) I hear this very strange sound. It sounds like the a low groan type noise, it almost sounds like the brakes giving off noise when they tighten to the rotor. I really have no clue what this noise is, so I will try to get it to do it again sometime soon if possible and give a better description of it. But until then, do any of you guys have any clue what this might be/if it is normal?

Thanks!

gary
04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Check your power steering fluid - it might be low, especially if the noise is only occurring when you turn the steering wheel, and it would be more noticeable under the conditions you describe. The resevoirs on these rigs have a tendency to develop cracks over time OR sometimes the clamp where the hose meets the resevoir comes loose (bad design) and needs to be retightend or replaced. Good luck!

n00bkiller944
04-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks Gary, I will go check that soon... It wouldn't throw me an alert if it was low though? Just Wondering?

Also another random question, why does the fan on my car keep running after i shut it off? I did a search, but couldnt find a good answer...

gary
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
No...I don't think you get an alert for low fluid. I had low fluid on my '03 about six months after taking delivery and it was due to a loose clamp -- I got no warning...just the groaning noise when I turned the steering wheel.

Check this thread for your fan -- don't worry, it's normal. :)

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10329&highlight=fan+running

n00bkiller944
04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Gary you rock man, thanks a lot!