PDA

View Full Version : XC stuck on snow ?? Or not ???

doublecheese
03-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Nice video

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6931800363044871082

I think the owner of this video is also a volvoxc.com member.

User tell us what happened next :))))

I think he failed to get the car outta that snow pile :)))

tgwillard
03-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Interesting video and demonstration of the XC70 in deep snow. Wonder what tires were mounted on the car? But regardless, when the snow reaches the bottom of the frame, the tires lose contact with the ground.

budrichard
03-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Great video!
What tires and was TRACTION CONTROL OFF. It looks like it because of the wheel spin.
When as previously said you get into snow higher than the undercarriage, the snow actually builds up under the vehicle as it goes along until the tires actually are not making contact with the road and you are STUCK.
Happened to me on a snowmobile trail when I ran into a drift across the trail. Nothing to do but get the shovel out!-Dick

n00bkiller944
03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Very cool video

Forkster
03-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Actually, this DTSC looks like it's on cause there's only limited spin, especially when he got stuck. But at times it looks like his tires are spinning so he many not have DTSC - hard to tell.

Having driven in snow like that (not on choice either), I noticed he wasn't really getting good traction. The XC weighs 4200lbs - with a decent set of snows, he'd be like a snow plow. He must have Nokian WR's on - cause he got stuck. . :D

goldxc70
04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
He had all-seasons on. It says so right in the video details.

Omega5
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
HAHA, That's me!!! LOL

Yes, I did do some shoveling that night, no doubt. I just kept going and pushing it until it got stuck, that was kind of the point (we brought a shovel), see what it takes.

To be honest I was surprised. These cars are unbelievably capable in snow, I mean with all season tires on ... that's impressive.

No I do not have DTSC on my car, it's an 04 but no DTSC :( And the tires are Good Year Assurance Comfort Thread and are not new, they got about 30,000km on them.

PS. After we got it out, we went to a shipping yard, and basically did about 80km in about 1foot of snow ... the car actually holds itself straight as an arrow, even with slight turns (like lane changes type obviously nothing very sudden)