PDA

View Full Version : Memory seat failure

hiboy
03-17-2008, 07:15 AM
OK...this is strange. Over the weekend I noticed that the memory seat buttons on my 2001 V70XC aren't working. When you push the buttons the mirrors adjust to the memory setting but the seat doesn't move. The power seat still works fine, as you can still adjust the seat using the power seat switches. Has anybody else dealt with this problem before? Not that it's a big hassle, as my wife drived the car 90% of the time, but I had the seat in the perfect spot for me for when I got to drive. Any suggestions - and thanks in advance.

Also, still looking for an extra set of wheels (16") to fit up my summer tires - anybody?

Tom

slowflyer
03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
We have had that happen a few times. I have never identified a cause (battery disconnected etc.) but I have just reprogrammed the buttons. Annoying.

Also, I need some Tellus wheels myself. I found several websites that appear to be the same company that sell them for about $180

hiboy
03-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the information. I have tried to re-position the seat and then save it in the memory, yet it doesn't stick. Doesn't make any sense. Another thing that doesn't make any sense is the random light flash when you lock the car remotely with the key fob. Sometimes the lights flash for a couple weeks, then for a month they won't - the car locks and unlocks fine but the lights are just strange.

I'll give it another try on re-programming to see if I can get it to stick.

wgriswold
03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
The random light flash may be due to one of the doors, or the hood or the cargo door, not closing all the way. My lights did not flash for awhile when the rear cargo door was not closed all the way. The locks worked, but the security alarm would not set and the lights did not flash. The doors and the hood all have sensors that must be activated for the security system to work. I closed the door firmly and that solved that problem.

Sorry, no help on your seat memory.

rhauptschein
08-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Now having the same seat (not mirror) memory failure. From reading other threads, I'll try to reset with engine on. Anyone know cause, fix, and possible cost?

rhauptschein
08-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Now having the same seat (not mirror) memory failure. From reading other threads, I'll try to reset with engine on. Anyone know cause, fix, and possible cost?

Indeed, it worked. Don't know cause, but fix is as above and cost is none.

One theory I have is that if you leave it in memory one for over 2 weeks without toggling to memory two (different driver), then software shuts off. However, I think I had a period of over 3 weeks without any problems. Gremlins.