Import Car 4,685 4,820 -6.7%
Import Truck 2,820 3,633 -25.5%
Dom+Imp Cars 4,685 4,820 -6.7%
Dom+Imp Trucks 2,820 3,633 -25.5%
Domestic Vehicles 0 0 N.A.
Imported Vehicles 7,505 8,453 -14.8%

JRL
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
If you're going to post figures, post them, but don't say VOLVO went down when it said F.O.R.E.I.G.N. cars

(Doesn't mean that they didn't, but your title is 100% INaccurate)

dragonfly
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
here is full chart

here is the link http://www.reuters.com/article/comktnews/idUSN0325720420080303?rpc=77

like it or not

IT SAYS VOLVO VEHICLE SALES..... What did I say you did not lkike or how did I misrepresent the article... look at the link yourself... FACTS ARE THE BEST DEFENSE>>

About ReutersTABLE-Volvo Feb U.S. vehicle sales off adj. 14.8 pct
Mon Mar 3, 2008 1:07pm EST Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page| Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]

powered by Sphere
Featured Broker sponsored link
¥ € $ - Learn. Practice. Trade. March 3 (Reuters) - Following are Volvo (F.N: Quote, Profile, Research) U.S. sales of
cars and light trucks in February 2008 versus the same
year-earlier month and for the year to date. Feb 2008 Feb 2007 % Change
All Vehicles 7,505 8,453 -14.8%
Domestic Car 0 0 N.A.
Domestic Truck 0 0 N.A.
Import Car 4,685 4,820 -6.7%
Import Truck 2,820 3,633 -25.5%
Dom+Imp Cars 4,685 4,820 -6.7%
Dom+Imp Trucks 2,820 3,633 -25.5%
Imported Vehicles 7,505 8,453 -14.8% Yr-to-Date Prev Year % Change
All Vehicles 15,541 16,261 -6.3%
Domestic Car 0 0 N.A.
Domestic Truck 0 0 N.A.
Import Car 9,838 9,394 2.6%
Import Truck 5,703 6,867 -18.6%
Dom+Imp Cars 9,838 9,394 2.6%
Dom+Imp Trucks 5,703 6,867 -18.6%
Imported Vehicles 15,541 16,261 -6.3%
-------------------------------------------------------------- Percent changes are based on the daily sales rate, and
reflect 25 selling days this month vs. 24 in the month last
year, and 50 this year to date vs. 49 last year to date. Unit of Ford Motor Co.

dragonfly
03-03-2008, 08:42 PM
they make no cars here so they are all F>O>R>E>I>G>N>

these figures do not include volvo big trucks as ford motor does not own them and this is only ford's volvo so truck would be xc90

YMMV

JRL
03-04-2008, 06:46 AM
No problem, but you DID leave out this header in your original post.

March 3 (Reuters) - Following are Volvo (F.N: Quote (http://www.reuters.com/stocks/quote?symbol=F.N), Profile (http://www.reuters.com/stocks/companyProfile?symbol=F.N), Research (http://www.reuters.com/stocks/researchReports?symbol=F.N)) U.S. sales of
cars and light trucks in February 2008 versus the same
year-earlier month and for the year to date.

dragonfly
03-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Reuters
"Ford wants Volvo to run on more stand-alone basis
Tuesday March 4, 12:35 pm ET

DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F - News) said on Tuesday it is developing a new business plan for Volvo that will include the Swedish luxury brand operating on a more stand-alone basis.

The U.S. automaker said in slides posted on its Web site that it wants to "establish appropriate business arrangements to allow Volvo to operate on a more stand-alone basis."

It also said a "top priority is to return Volvo to sustainable profitability," according to the slides.

Analysts say Volvo is the most valuable of Ford's three European luxury brands. Ford, which has not broken out results for individual brands in the past, said beginning this year it plans to disclose results for Volvo, which it acquired in 1999.

Ford in November took Volvo off the auction block and said it would integrate Volvo more closely into purchasing and development efforts. At the time, Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally said the focus would be on improving Volvo's cost structure and brand positioning, although he stopped short of ruling out an eventual sale of the unit.

Ford is in the process of selling its Land Rover and Jaguar operations to India's Tata Motors Ltd (Bombay:TAMO.BO - News) in a deal expected to close in the current quarter. Ford said in the slides that "significant progress" had been made in the talks with Tata and that "no major roadblocks" remain.

The slides were posted ahead of a presentation to analysts in conjunction with the Geneva auto show. The presentation was by Lewis Booth, a Ford executive vice president overseeing the automaker's European operations and its stable of European luxury brands.

(Reporting by Ben Klayman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky and John Wallace)"

dragonfly
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.ford.com/doc/ir_20080304_merryl_lynch_global_conf_slides.pdf

slide number seven tells it all..

but go thru them xc 60 shown in detail

YMMV

gary
03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
http://www.ford.com/doc/ir_20080304_merryl_lynch_global_conf_slides.pdf

slide number seven tells it all..

but go thru them xc 60 shown in detail

YMMV

Interesting presentation - thanks! I just wish Ford's European line-up (and available engine choices) was available in North America. The Euro models are just so much cooler (and better built!) in my opinion.

dragonfly
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
"The Euro models are just so much cooler (and better built!) in my opinion."

I am just back from Gothenburg.. The folks putting them together do not know where the car is going... they just put the parts on the vehicles..

the XC90 HAS ITS OWN LINE BUT THE V70 AND XC70 AND THE S80 ALL ARE BUILT on the same line... and the mix within 100 feet can be anyone of the vehicles.. it is not like they do a batch of v70 then s80 and then xc70

they are all mixed on the line... other then the engine and apparently the tires they all be the same... and the engine package all comes from another plant... again all mixed on a truck ...

so better built for Europe... I cannot think of a way they could do it....

YMMV

gary
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I wasn't specifically referring to the Volvo component of Ford, but more the specific Ford models sold in Europe. Those models are generally not available in North America and in my opinion, Ford automobiles built in Europe for the European market are much better quality vehicles than Ford automobiles built in North America for the North American market. Case in point is that the European Ford Focus is different in looks and styling from the North American Ford Focus; the European one has better engine and transmission choices too. The S-Max is very attractive too, but it's not available for the N.A. market. Bummer!

Mats
03-05-2008, 03:50 AM
"The Euro models are just so much cooler (and better built!) in my opinion."

I am just back from Gothenburg.. The folks putting them together do not know where the car is going... they just put the parts on the vehicles..

the XC90 HAS ITS OWN LINE BUT THE V70 AND XC70 AND THE S80 ALL ARE BUILT on the same line... and the mix within 100 feet can be anyone of the vehicles.. it is not like they do a batch of v70 then s80 and then xc70

they are all mixed on the line... other then the engine and apparently the tires they all be the same... and the engine package all comes from another plant... again all mixed on a truck ...

so better built for Europe... I cannot think of a way they could do it....

YMMV

XC 90 are also produced on the same line as V70 S80 and XC 70!
So 4 different vehicles with different equipment loaded at same line.
Quality of the work done ,is the same regardless of which customer.
However, there are a small note at the windshield, so during final assembly you can see to which country the vehicle is going.

MK

budrichard
03-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Volvo has lost one sale this year from me because they won't offer the Diesel and the new gas engine is an insult to fuel mileage.
When you also read such conflicting statements from Ford about Volvo, one knows that thier is no one at the helm that has the Brand bests interests and that of its buyers at heart. When faced with this situation, the only thing to do is to move on, which is what i plan to do. We have had Volvo's since 1987 and it has been a nice run. We will keep the ones we have until unreliable or new safety features on other makes convince me to purchase. But for now, its no Volvo.-Dick

dragonfly
03-09-2008, 04:38 PM
first s80 showed up with one at the local dealer a few days ago..

xc70 next but alas no diesel YET..

Diesel fuel around me is now $3.99 at one station and the cheapest diesel around (within 10 miles) is $3.76....

with a 10 cent plus higher tax on diesel then gas.... getting a diesel is becoming more iffy...

regular is $3.31 (the cheapest....) with a 45 cent difference for diesel... and the propensity for diesel engines in USA to cost more then gas engines...

and only one out of maybe 8 stations has diesel....around me

TO BE CLEAR HERE.. I have a f350 turbo diesel and a jetta tdi wagon.. so diesel is my preference...

SOLD a Range Rover for the xc7 on its way... at sea... so anything I get above 11-12 is fine by me....

Not buying a performance car.... buying a safe car with decent mileage vs an SUV... and an xc 90 mileage would just be unacceptable today...

and living in Florida... the highest hills for ABOUT 500 MILES are the fire ant hills in my yard.
VOLVO sell me a diesel xc.. I will sell the new petrol version and buy one immediately

YMMV