PDA

View Full Version : IMIV front installation easily reachable

haramimi
02-24-2008, 09:58 AM
I thought of an alternative location as I was putting things together .
Advantages:1)easy reach , just remove the silver dash around gearknob.
2)Maybe behind HU and Climate unit there is a possibility of overheating ( I dont think so but.....).
There is enough space you can try different things to hold it in there.
As far as the ipod cable goes I didnt want to move the armrest thing and cut holes so I just passed it under the left cover (it passes through very easily) and back through the opening to the armrest box. You just see 15 cm of wire.Its not so bad.By the way I have manual transmission but I dont think there is any difference in space in there.Maybe its a bit easier with a manual gearbox.

IMIV set (all wires included) 250 Euros
firmware needed : iMIV-R3.06_01.05.00_SAT-CDC-N2G ( provided at no cost)
IPOD classic 160 gigabyte
HU-850 .
Now SAT channel is enabled and you can have simple and advanced mode displaying playlists ,track no, titles.The quality is superb.
It was a very easy the way I did it.Once you remove the silver trim around gearknob and press the 4 clips around the learher to remove it you just remove two screws under the hu-climate unit and the whole thing comes of very easily.

JRL
02-24-2008, 12:25 PM
iMIV can go under and to the right of the steering wheel.
It takes about 3 minutes to drop that panel.
Clean and hidden nicely in there

haramimi
02-24-2008, 12:58 PM
what panel? What place do you mean.I didn't consider such a place.I thought they usually put it behind the unit and at the left.

JRL
02-24-2008, 02:38 PM
You drop the lower dash panel, driver's side.
Plenty of room in there for the iMIV unit. You can either tie wrap it to something or just partially wrap it in some thin foam and just leave it there.
Not a lot of room to move around so it is usually just fine that way

haramimi
02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks.I'll check it out.From some pictures I have seen about the possible place for putting the adapter, this was not so clear.

Art
02-24-2008, 03:03 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Batstar/IMG_4072.jpg

I actually find the location under the front passenger seat to be an ultra convenient spot for my USA Spec iPod adapter. Do whatever works best for you. :)