PDA

View Full Version : 135K Miles - Radiator & Intercooler

Puff The Magic Wagon!
01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
For the last couple of thousand miles have been going through coolant at a rate of knots. Took it into my dealer and he has replaced both the intercooler and the radiator.

The radiator had a stress crack that was leaking coolant at a join near one of the hoses and the i/c had simillar (well not coolant but was losing pressure under a pressure test).

Obviously had noticed coolant dropping out as the light kept coming on but the i/c appeared to be working fine. But on getting back seems a "bit" livelier under acceleration.

Probably could have missed out on replacing the i/c but as the labour was the same and the unit itself quite cheap, then had it done.

Just a fyi really, no real story, but as the car gets older and racks up the miles, good to know what can go wrong.

Puff The Magic Wagon!
01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Except

Puff The Magic Wagon!
01-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Radiator warning light came on this morning - maybe its not been fixed :mad: :rolleyes:

Will find out....

BillAileo
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Hopefully maybe it just needs coolant. After replacing and filling the radiator the dealer should have run the car until the thermostat opened and then topped off the coolant. Maybe they didn't get to that....?

Bill

Puff The Magic Wagon!
01-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, on seeing the warning light I rang up in a huff & that is what they said.

So...

I stopped off at a petrol station and topped up to the MAX and went home - no worries :)

140 miles later and I'm back at work this morning. Checked and the level was just above MIN and when I got in the car this evening to go home, light came on :rolleyes:

I will top up again this evening and see what occurs on the way into work

Gah!