PDA

View Full Version : Observations from a new 01 XC owner

Meat Popsicle
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Yah I am new owner. I think the response and usefulness of a turbo 350 behind a small block chevy gives better performance.

MY tranny has not had the neutral deal removed. I hate the slam feel....

It has the worst time selecting a gear for any given moment.....has a very hard time going from aggressive driving to slow and easy driving.

If this tranny is supposed "learns" it must be a a Special needs student.

It needs front end bushings but not bad mind you. It tracks straight turns well.

You can tell this car wa snot built for sport driving!

87 octane VS. 93 octane:

Well this is a hot topic! I ran 87 for the first tank. above 4500rpm it was flat you could tell boost was being retarded.......otherwise regualr driving it was just like the 93 octane

93 octane well, well, what a different engine under the hood. Power kept coming all the way to redline and never stopped...you really can tell there is more to be had with a god tuner (why the heck are they soooo expensive! Shame on those tuner guys asking for 1k for a program.. shame shame)

Brake dust! I hate it. My SRT had this problem and I was forever cleaning wheels

bwik
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Howdy there, correct, the XC is not tuned for sporty handling. These are not 850 GLT wagons. Those 850s tracked like they were on rails. The XC is much more softly sprung, taller and heavier as you can tell.

Your tranny may not be in A-1 condition. Just keep that in mind...

But these cars are nice comfortable battle cruisers. Good for an 80mph cruise but not a sports car by any means.

Meat Popsicle
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
i love it. i went dodging around in a sand lot today to get a fel for the awd...works great fels like the perfect push to keep you going