PDA

View Full Version : Just delivered - 2008 Seashell Grey on Graphite

Cape Cod Bound
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Just got it this weekend.

So far ...
- Styling
- bells & whistles (park assist, chassis ride, auto tailgate, ipod adapter, personal communicator, click 3X to lane change ...)
- Ride comfort
- Bi-Xenons
- Smell

Dislikes: [sly]
- "conveniences are not well thought out - Cupholders, glovebox, door locks
- Cheap floor mats (not unlike most new cars these days)
- Power surge not as nice as the turbo - but will require more driving ...

TBD:
Fuel mileage and more "spirited" handling

Overall its well thought out - will report back soon! [thumbup]

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/34frontviewXC.jpg

brissim
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the photo. I'm still considering the new XC70 and if I was going to get one it would have been this Seashell metallic. But its been very difficult to judge its true colour from Volvo websites. This gives me a great idea of the colour and I like it.

Any further photos would be appreciated.

thanks

Tony

Cape Cod Bound
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Looks great clean and still good with some dirt/salt on it.
Interior is graphite - wood inlays liven it up a bit.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/SideViewXC.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/SideViewlowXC.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/InsideXC.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/34SideviewXC.jpg

barrysharp
12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Hmmmm - I like that wood steering wheel - very smart.

It also seems you have the Dynaudio package (i.e., you've got a center speaker grill in the dash's top surface). Is that correct? If so, how does it sound? It's an expensive option at around USD1650

This is the spec for the Dynaudio package E2
Option code 000500
Sirius satellite radio (will only work in US and no subscription)
Option code 000503
Audio system "Premium Sound" – 12 Dynaudio speakers, 5x130 watt amplifier,cd player with MP3 capability
Option code 000509
Rear seat headphone jacks and controls

MD-Daddy
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Just got it this weekend.

Beautiful!

dubdash_rallye
12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I may like that color better than my usual white or black preference...

Def. dig the steering wheel!

Cape Cod Bound
12-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I am guessing the Dynaudio package is a Swedish Bose-like maker?

Speakers are good, love the 6 disc in-dash CD and the iPod adapter but they have a wierd equalizer setup where you actually modify the sound based on the frequencies .... not a simple bass/treble/mid - (although you can adjust those 3 too). I am still playing with it after 3 days to get the right sound - so far I am mixed on it.

I had no choice as it was the car was loaded as is.

Will report back after a week with it - still learning ...

jlf
12-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I note you've got the bi-xenon's. The bi-xenon's on my '03 are terrible, really dangerous. The low beams target too low (I adjusted up per forum, still bad), the high beam is only a movement of the light upward, and it didn't extend far enough down the road with adequate brightness.

that was the only big complaint about a bozo design move on that model. Personally I like the looks of the new model, but am concerned about the lack of turbo (got used to it) like many posts here.

Could you please comment on the effectiveness of the new bi-xenons?

thanks
Jim

Cape Cod Bound
12-20-2007, 07:26 AM
They are fantastic.

The low beams are perfect and the highs even better - bright, full and very "quick". Love the flash to "thank", "pass" "move" ....They also adjust into the turn if you like - or you can turn that feature off - very smart design.

Lack of turbo is noticeable but we are getting over it - it's a smoother acceleration albeit a little anemic. Exhaust note is OK as well.

... still trying to gauge fuel consumption ...

xc7010
12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
very nice[thumbup]...curios though what size tires do you have?

Cape Cod Bound
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
These are Pirelli SottoZero's ... 235/55/17's, wrapping ROH rims.

Fantastic in the snow, on ice and in the slush but bonus is how quiet they are on the bare pavement. Handling is superb.

Expensive ($300 a corner) but well worth it! [thumbup]

Will use the factory 18" setup it came with as the summer option ...

Cheers

xc7010
12-21-2007, 07:59 AM
cool...I find the WR's are a tad noisy on dry pavement but it's livable since traction and handling makes up for it![thumbup]

GlennF
12-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Cape Cod Bound,

Which factory wheels did you get and which tires came with it?

Cape Cod Bound
12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
We opted for the OEM 18" Minos wheels - they have Pirelli Scorpion Zero 235/50/18's - that will be the "summer setup"

Winter setup is aftermarket - 17" ROH wheels with 235/55/17 Pirelli Sotto Zero's.

Cheers!

maxy
12-23-2007, 02:55 PM
the seashell metallic (and the rest of the car) looks great in the pics. is it blue silver or green silver -

Cheers
Maxy

HeadXC
12-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I think that your concerns on fuel mileage are going to be as your concern is, nit very good. My last tank averages 17l/100, OK that was in the snow storm we had last week, but still the old one was better and i miss the Turbo also. I here through a little birdie they will launch a T6 version this summer, that would be nice, at least for the get up an go, mileage i hope would also get better.
I have 5,000 Kn now and my dealer tells me at 10K the mileage gets much better.

Cape Cod Bound
12-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Winter = 235/55/17 Pirelli Sotto Zeros on ROH 17" rims [thumbup]

Summer = 235/50/18 Pirelli Scorpions on Mino's 18" rims (OEM Setup) :)

Pirellis are fantastic - both warm weather and colds ...

Colour is a blue/grey very faint green combo - hard to describe - nice in the light.

budrichard
12-24-2007, 03:48 PM
"my dealer tells me at 10K the mileage gets much better"
Dealers will tell you anything and there is absolutely no basis for that statement.
Lets face it, the 2008 XC mileage is in the SUV range.-Dick

SKIQUATTRO
12-28-2007, 02:34 PM
NICE!!! we just picked up our 08 Ice White (all but Nav) last night!! What tire/rims you running there?? we leased so dont know if i want to spend the $$$ on a winter tire/rim set up...also,,,I have a house in Eastham on the Cape and my other ride is an Audi A4 Avant 5psd sport pkg....

Cape Cod Bound
12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
You have great taste in cars! Post a few pix when you have a chance ...

I love the white -- my better half opted for the seashell - to remind us of that beautiful place! We summer in North Truro now (rent) but have stayed in Eastham, and Wellfleet ... Its a 10 hour drive from Toronto but worth it!

Cold weather tires are Pirelli SottoZero's ... 235/55/17's, wrapping ROH rims. The OEM 18" setup had Pirelli Scorpions.

I got these rims on consignment so its an option to consider as it gives your summers (or all season's) a break.

My fave car wash is in Orleans!~ with our previous sled ...
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/CapeCarWash.jpg

AWD*V70XC
12-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Has it lost the 'Grab Rail' on the center console, that was a part of the XC that set it aside from the V70? :(

But very nice car, just waiting for a few things to fall into place before placing an order .....[thumbup]

tenmiler
12-30-2007, 02:19 PM
i see you're in canada so maybe this is a different situation but i was told today that the bi xenons are a 2nd generation add-on and not available at least in the western region until the 'next wave' of cars gets here from sweden. just curious how you scored those bi xenons or maybe you got your car overseas or canada got their delivery first (which would be a nice change, huh)

Norwegian wood
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Cape Cod Bound,

I've just ordered XC70 with Premium Sound but wondering whether I should add the Subwoofer as well... Did you include the Subwoofer? Or do you think the Premium Sound is sufficient???

Cape Cod Bound
01-08-2008, 09:16 AM
There was no opportunity to add anything so I assume it's there.

Sound is terrific once you configure it (which is an odd task of adjusting the frequencies of each of bass, mid-ranges aned a few treble settings ...) :cool:

maxy
01-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Great looking car inside and out.

i am thinking of getting the same colour inside and out - now.

cheers
maxy

TrueBlue
01-10-2008, 03:41 AM
What's all this about no turbo?
Over here we always had the 210 bhp LP Turbo, which didn't feel like a T5, 'cos it wasn't.

Did they strip it out, if so how do you get the power?

Over here in EMEA the gas version has almost disappeared, 99% on sale are oil burners - quite punchy until they run out of puff...

Do come back...

skibo
01-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Now 6 cylinder and more displacement, but without turbo.