PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sunshinekids child seat installation

Jhughes
12-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi guys and gals, I am having a bit of trouble installing my Sunshinekids Radian 80 child seat forward facing in the passenger rear outboard seat (2001 V70 XC). The problem comes from the darn headrest being angled forward which hits the top of the child seat and makes the child seat sit at a funcky angle. I have tried having the headrest removed but my Volvo dealer won’t do it for liability reasons. Has anyone experienced this before? Here is a link to the child seat I am using:
http://www.skjp.com/products/skjp_radian_80.php#tabs
Thanks

Jhughes
12-12-2007, 08:33 AM
After talking with Volvo Cars of North America and Sunshinekids which both said its the other companies fault by the way, I ended up putting the child seat in the middle seat position. Which was also suggested by both companies. Less convenient but I read better safety being in the middle, away from the doors. One last thing, I had my installation looked at by my local fire department and he said it looked good and that the outboard seat location would NOT work with my child seat - so the middle it stays.

Mitch
12-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Makes sense in the middle, safer, plus the kid gets to see better. That's where we had ours, although it wasn't the same brand as yours.

Jhughes
12-15-2007, 11:08 PM
After driving around the past few days with my little munchkin in the middle its nice to be able to see her and she really likes to be able to see out the windshield. So after all the headache of trying the outboard seat location the middle turned out to be a great work around.

Mitch
12-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Glad to hear it worked out! Mine is now in a booster seat on the side, but she can now fasten her belt herself.

Enjoy the Munchkin!

-Mitch