PDA

View Full Version : 7500 mile service

Eric
05-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Just took our 2004 in for the 7500 mile service.  Everything has been working fine, there were just a few items we had fixed.  Along with the regular items, I had Castrol 5W-30 put in, instead of the dealers Penzoil.  Also I had the following fixed:

1. Trip odometer reset problem, they downloaded new software. We will see if it is fixed.

2. Seat memory erasing itself ocassionally, they downloaded software.

3. Throttle lag- new software downloaded. Now it doesn't have lag anymore !

Also we had the 2" trailer hitch put in.  They did a nice job with minimal cutout of the bumper.  Had wiring done also.  I picked the car up on a Saturday morning, and service was closed.  They put the nice plug in it, but I couldn't find the ball.  Will have to find out where they hid it.

Anyway, hope this helps any 2004 owners on items to think about when they bring it in for their 7500 mile service.

AWD*V70XC
05-02-2004, 02:33 AM
That's good news ERIC http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thumbs-up.gif

On the bit about your new tow hitch, you might like to post a few photos of it as various members keep on asking about this topic, I know I have put one picture on the board but this was a promo picture from Volvo and might not look the same as others that have been done. If only to please the few. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_11.gif

Quinn
07-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Just took our 2004 in for the 7500 mile service.  Everything has been working fine, there were just a few items we had fixed.  Along with the regular items, I had Castrol 5W-30 put in, instead of the dealers Penzoil.  Also I had the following fixed:

1. Trip odometer reset problem, they downloaded new software. We will see if it is fixed.

2. Seat memory erasing itself ocassionally, they downloaded software.

3. Throttle lag- new software downloaded. Now it doesn't have lag anymore !

Also we had the 2" trailer hitch put in.  They did a nice job with minimal cutout of the bumper.  Had wiring done also.  I picked the car up on a Saturday morning, and service was closed.  They put the nice plug in it, but I couldn't find the ball.  Will have to find out where they hid it.

Anyway, hope this helps any 2004 owners on items to think about when they bring it in for their 7500 mile service.

Can you tell me what the VADIS code used to fix your throttle lag problem?

Thanks,
Quinn