PDA

View Full Version : Beat this!

Ryan818
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
So, can anybody compete with the following. Please keep in mind that this is my wife's ride so she does BEAT on it regularly.

2004 XC90 T6 - 68K miles
1) Now on 4th tranny
2) Half shaft replaced @45k
3) Ball joints front @ 23K
4) CRACKED SPRING SEATS ON FRONT. This is the latest and now in shop for repair.

Took car to dealer and they could not find anything wrong. I had to drive 45min each way to take svc. mgr. for ride to point out sounds. Anybody else EVER have a car that the spring seats cracked? Nice car when it works. And I though Rovers were bad. The great thing is that on the way to taking the car to the dealer we saw 1 other XC90 on a flatbed taken to the same dealer - for a tranny prob I found out later.

Anybody else have this many problems?

RedXC
12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I have to say your T6 uses a GM type transaxle, nothing new. All the others are typical on XC90s due to the weight. Spring Seats due cracked mostly from 94 Volvo 850s until present models. Also watch out for the inner tie rods ends, they tend to get worn.

Ryan818
12-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the info.

Big
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
...4) CRACKED SPRING SEATS ON FRONT.
Not that you are overweight but I remember reading a few years ago that Volvo had to reinforce their seats when many Americans were found to be much heavier than Europeans. They are great seats but somewhat delicate.

Four transmissions is amazing. You must be very patient! I would have bailed on the first or second one.

BillAileo
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Big,

I was thinking Ryan meant the seats for the front suspension springs rather than the occupant seats...?

Bill