PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed: How do I take the spare tyre out ?

malherbi2
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi folks,
Got a dumb question for a Volvo newbie.
I just picked up a 2003 XC70, 2 days ago, and I have no idea how to take out the spare tyre !!??

The boot has a dual-cover type thing, but the first cover is screwed down and I can't get it off, and I can't seem to get the spare tyre out sliding it from the front or from the rear. I am confused.

Help !:(

PJ810
12-03-2007, 04:15 AM
There should be a screw thing over the jack which holds everything in place. Remove the screw (wing nut???) and remove the jack. Then lift the tyre out.

Good luck.

PJ810
12-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Unless you have the optional sub woofer in the boot, in which case you'll need to remove this too.

peteman222
12-11-2007, 09:02 AM
If it's the black cargo bin thingy, there are 4 screws holding it down along the edges (2 each side). Turn them 90 degrees (1/4 turn) to disengage, and then you can lift the shelf out. I assume the sub mounts using the same 1/4 turn knobs.

markwemple
12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Warning, getting the spare back in can be a real PITA. Let it cool down after using, and carefully slide it in. I know this doesn't answer your question but it is important to know that it is a PITA but it can be done.

RedXC
12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
The best way I find is, remove the cargo mat if possible. Open up both the two sections of the cargo floor board. The front section can be taken off with removing the board out of the two latches. And two plastic clips on both ends of the inner mat. Spin the tool kit at the middle of the spare tire, maybe you got one of those "mat support" pins also. Is pretty simple without the subwoofer option.