PDA

View Full Version : '01 XC - Auto Dimming Mirror - Not!

gomraju
11-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Hello All....first time poster here. :)

So, I got me this '01 V70XC...EbAY special...good car...with it's quirks...
but, I have been following all of the tranny probs...got all of the same symptoms... :( I sympathize with all of you. My dealer here in Brooklyn NY charges $115/hr :eek: So, it just may have to wait till it drops out of the mounts to be replaced...let's see.

So, here is my question....Is there any way to speed up or adjust how fast the auto dimming rear view mirror reacts to lights behind me? The mirror takes an unusually long time to react to get dark...but turns back clear almost instantaneously...:confused:

Thanks all for your help.

RedXC
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Don't think there is a way to adjust the auto dimming mirror, do you have tinted rear tailgate window? Sometimes the sensor might be going bad. That is consider okay for $115 an hr. Here in San Francisco, one dealer is around $130/hr.

JRL
11-18-2007, 08:51 PM
There is a download for darkness of the mirror but this is a new one on me, (but never surprised with a Volvo problem)!

gomraju
11-25-2007, 04:11 PM
There is a download for darkness of the mirror but this is a new one on me, (but never surprised with a Volvo problem)!

JRL, Thank you very much for the help. I will ask Volvo dealer if they will do this.

GGO