PDA

View Full Version : Aero cross bars

wwilme
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm looking at a used pair listed for a V70. These are the kind that goes between the rails, not on top. Anyone know if these are the same for a XC70 as for a V70? Seems that the car-mounted rails on an XC look fatter, but don't know if that affects how the bars attach. I know that the Volvo Thule bars I currently have will fit either car. They actually fit on my 4Runner as well.

zillionaire
11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I just bought new aero cross bars for an XC70 and they are adjustable in how they clamp down onto the rails. Straight out of the box the clamps were tightened down in such a way that I thought they weren't going to fit on the rails, but when I adjusted them to a wider setting, there was plenty of room, then I installed and tightened down to the proper torque setting (as indicated by the special torx wrench that comes with them).

TiredGeek
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I have also been looking for these type of roof bars and have been told by the dealers that the bars are the same for the XC90 also. So V70, XC70, XC90 are all the same. Widens your scope on ebay :)