PDA

View Full Version : 5 Weeks and 3,000 KM gone

HeadXC
11-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I have noiw had my 08 since the end of September and here is what i can tell you:
Overall: Much more comfortable to drive and very different than the previous version

Engine: Yes more horsepower but i miss the punch of the Turbo, this car does not feel as fast ( ithink the additional weight is a bigb factor) but does accelerate with a troaty sound. It took about a 1000 km before the engine started working better with the transmission. At first when you stomped on it it would fall on it's face like a turbo lag. SO far my milage has been about 2litres per 100 worse than previous models i have had. If they introduce a T^ or V8 in this model WOW.
Interior: HUGE improvements here, things are much nicer, however with the electronic e brake that means no more e-brake turns in the snow to make it around some turns. The fans in the seats are awesome! Power tailgate is nice, wish i could close it from the inside also. Glove box should be angked so things don't fall out when open it.
Park Assist, Why they don't disengage the front when the car is reverse or rear when car is in drive i don't understand. When someone comes up behind at the lights and want to park in your trunk the radio turns down and the beeps go unless you turn it off, which defeats the purpose as you do tend to rely on them.

Would i trade in my 04 again for this? ABSOLUTELY! 1 wish more HP's with a turbo.

Mats
11-09-2007, 06:08 AM
I have now run 4800 km with my XC D5.
I especially like the comfort it´s very good.
D5 and geartronic still puzzles me a bit. The adaptive gearbox maybe needs more time to adapt.....
Fuel consumption is still high 9 litres per 100km.
I have now "chipped" the engine control in purpose to reduce fuelconsumption,approx 15% should be possible to reduce. I have just run it for 500km sofar so wait and see.
On the same "chipp" Power increases to 200Hp and torque almost 500Nm. You feel the difference!!!
Problem with park assist sounds strange. I have only rear and that engages only in reverse gear as it should.

dlmielke
11-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Picked up my (fairly loaded) Oyster Grey one week ago today. I've logged a bit more than 300 miles, mostly "city" driving, so the mileage has not been great. About 16 mpg. I also miss the turbo in my '98 XC, but the 6-cylinder engine seems to make up for the turbo in my smaller engine. The new car almost seems too comfortable to be sporty, but I suppose I can get used to that ;)
A feature that I took on a bit of a whim, but am really appreciating is the PCC (personal car communicator). With the PCC, you NEVER have to even take the "key" out of your pocket or bag. The engine will start and stop with it merely in the car. Upon approaching the car, you may simply pull your door handle to unlock it (just your door, or your choice of doors selected in the console menu). When leaving, close the doors, press the little inset black button in the door handle, and all doors lock. All this can take place just by having the PCC somewhere on your person. Great when your hands are full or you just don't feel like fishing out your key.
I'm still getting used to the car, but I think I'm going to REALLY love it!

budrichard
11-18-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm really interested in your mileage as you drive the vehicle. Please let us know what you are getting from time to time. thanks-Dick

philosophicaldreamer
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
With such a poor mileage I will have to either wait for a diesel to come to the States or settle for the last year of P2 production:( I love new XC, but Volvo will have to address mpg consumption, or they will start losing sales.

Ta-ta, j.

budrichard
11-23-2007, 10:22 AM
With such a poor mileage I will have to either wait for a diesel to come to the States or settle for the last year of P2 production:( I love new XC, but Volvo will have to address mpg consumption, or they will start losing sales.

Ta-ta, j.

I agree 100% !-Dick

Cape Cod Bound
11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
My 17 year old just wrote off our 2004 - time to upgrade!! - would love the 2008. None I've seen around Toronto yet though ...

RE: The Chip suggested - who makes it? [thumbup]

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/101_0120.jpg

dlmielke
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
The mileage numbers are not good news. After about one month and 800+ miles, I'm averaging ~16mpg. To be fair, I tend to start and stop quickly, and this has been mostly local (stop and go) driving. It does seem to improve noticeably when I use the "manual" transmission, but I haven't tried that consistently to get a representative mpg number. The automatic transmission seems to lag in changing gears, and the whole car seems slower to get going. Miss that turbo in my '98! And with the same driving, I typically averaged 17-18 mpg in the '98.

Mats
12-08-2007, 03:12 AM
I have now past 8500km
and average fuel consumption(diesel) begins to be ok, 7,5 liters per 100km on my XC-08
I have friends that have V70 and reaches 6,2liters per 100km after 12000km.

I´m very happy sofar with the car!!

/MK

budrichard
12-08-2007, 06:41 AM
At those figures for Diesel I would purchase one, but 'Fat Chance' here in the USA!-Dick