PDA

View Full Version : Where do you take your XC70 for service?

jbanks
11-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I just bought a 2004 XC70 and love it. Got 29mpg on my first trip and could have gone another 5 hours with those incredibly comfortable seats! I bought it certified pre-owned and they told me that they wanted me to come in for maintenance in 5000 miles. I'm not sure I feel comfortable paying dealer prices for an oil change so I am curious where you all bring your cars for service - do you bring it to the dealer of to an independent Volvo mechanic? Is Volvo the only place that owns the VADIS system or do independents have the system as well? How often does the car need to be checked by the VADIS system? I have a great mechanic that I use on my other cars - but from what I've read the Volvo is a different animal and needs a professionally trained Volvo mechanic is that true?

MoeB
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
I do oil, filters, plugs, tire rotations, etc. myself, then take it to the dealer or indie for bigger jobs that I'm not equipped to do. The indie I use has a VIDA system.

philosophicaldreamer
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
I use a local independent mechanic who specializes in Volvos and BMWs; he does have Vadis and performs all the necessary service on both of our Volvos.

Ta-ta, j.

Jsandek
11-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi JBANKS,

I'm also in CT (fairfield county). As I am recently out of warranty on my 04 (only 38K) I started googling. There is a indepedent near Farmington-sort of stretch for me. I assume I'll need wheel bearings and sway bar links not far down the road. I would also like IPD sway bars. This is stuff I could do if I had time but, frankly, I've worked on enough cars in the past to know I'd rather drive it than work on it. It would be nice if there was a shop that did performace tuning etc.
JSANDEK

jbanks
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Jsandek

I found this place from searching online

Swedish Motorworks

3617 Black Rock Turnpike

Fairfield, CT

(203) 254-2555

I haven't used him yet but I called the guy and he said he does not own a Vadis system but can decipher about 99% of the error codes.

budrichard
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Under Warrenty or Volvo Extended Warrenty, I go to my Volvo Dealer. Out of warrenty to an Independant I have been using for 20 years.-Dick