PDA

View Full Version : Abs Fixed - Thanks VIC!

8pack
11-03-2007, 02:23 PM
2000 V70XC SE with 128k Miles on it. Sent it out to Vic Rocha for repair and he had it back to me with within the week. Took me 1/2hr to get out and 1/2hr to reinstall. On my car I did not need to remove the intake tube as some have said, you just have to be patient and willing to twist around a bit to get at the 4 screws. As an FYI my latch on the connector was broken and below are my revised instructions from Vic's site if you have the same problem.

Remove the ABS fuse from the fuse block next to the left of the windshield/wiper. In the 96-97 850 it is fuse #14.
Remove the large connector. There is a lever (black plastic cover, see picture #3 and #4) built into the connector, that you pull up to disconnect the connector. Be careful not to break it. In picture #3, the arrow points to the release tab. Push the tab and pull the connector up.
Continue pulling the black plastic cover until the connector is disconnected from the controller. DO NOT reach down on the left side of the connector to try and pull the wire harness loose from its connection to the blue connector, it is attached so that it fits snugly under the black cover when it is relatched and the wires and plug are all part of a single unit.
In SOME cases the the black plastic cover becomes separated from the release tabs on the side of the blue connector and you will not be able to remove the connector without releasing those tabs. In that case, shine a light down on the connector and look at the sides of the blue connector closest to where the black plastic cover is hinged to the connector (facing passenger side). There are dark grey plastic sliding tabs on each side of the connector that need to be gently pulled until the connector releases from ABS unit. Being careful, use long needle nose pliers to gently pull each tab towards the passenger side of the car. Depending on how much dirt is in there it may be difficult, so be firm but gentle. When reinstalling the unit, make sure the release tabs are full extended and the tabs properly aligned as per the reinstallation instructions Vic will send you, push the blue connector back on firmly, and slide the grey release tabs back until they bottom out and are properly seated, you will feel a slight click when the are properly seated.
Remove the small connector with 2 wires. This is the power connector. See picture #3. DO NOT try to remove this without 1st removing the blue connector, there are release tabs on both sides and the blue connector blocks access to the right side tab.
Once the connectors are removed you will need a very special tool, it is a Torx wrench (socket) E5 (Fairly difficult to find) and a 1/4" ratchet driver. If you don't have one, we may be able to work something out. Some people have successfully removed the 4 screws with a 5/32" six sided socket (I don't encourage this, but it has been done a few times already). There are 4 of these bolts.

All lights went off and I have an OBDII reader so I cleared the check engine light. I drove the car and locked up the brakes to verify ABS was working. All systems go! Another happy customer!! Out and back within 1 week from the east coast, can't ask for better service than that.

Below is Vic's Website.

http://home.earthlink.net/~vic...S.htm