PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Mounting

marco
10-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I just shipped my US XC70 back from Korea and tried to install my new California plates. The brackets installed on the car won't work with the Cal plates (to wide). My local Volvo dealer sold me brackets but they will only fit the back. The front mounting holes are about 3/4 of an inch to wide on each side. Anybody have any suggestions other then drilling the plate?

Thanks

Marco

RedXC
10-31-2007, 11:39 PM
The bad thing is you have to drill a hole with the size of the holes for the front bracket to be installed. I'm sure your dealer also sells plate brackets for the front, if not. Go to another dealer for inquiry. Good Luck.

santon
11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
put a hole in the license plate.

tgwillard
11-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Since you have the plate holders and the back one is OK, I think the easiest thing is to simply drill new holes in the front bracket so that it will match up with the holes already on the front bumper. I assume you still have the screws that you used to mount the old front plate holder to the bumper.

PJ810
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
You need to feel lucky. We have at least 20 different types/sizes of plates and the holes rarely match those on the car. We accept that we need to drill holes into the plate.